CANCELLED Impex TDI Fest: Saturday, May 21st, 2016

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
TDI Folks, unfortunately it doesn't appear mother nature is going to work with us Saturday. There are a few different forecasts, same theme, .75-1" (some say more) of rain with 15-20mph winds. In fairness to the vendors as well as the lack of indoor space to accommodate we believe it would be best to cancel our gathering. We're looking at rescheduling a future event so, we'll update at a late time. Thanks
As much as I was looking forward to this event I think this was for the best. Indeed Saturday looks like a real wash out.

Pleaselet us know what the plan is for the tdi get together as soon as you can. Perhaps Sunday? Or postpone until next weekend?

82VWPUTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
81 VWPU
Yeah, hated to call this event but considering the accuracy of forecasters I'd rather error on worst case. The center of the storm has the potential of moving due north so instead of 1" there could be as much as 3.5" of rain. Then add 10-15mph wind at 50ish degrees I say no way. Some of the locals are aware of the drainage issues around here not sure we'd have enough water craft to get everyone out. We'll regroup and see what we can come up with these events usually take 2-3 months to pull together. Thanks

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
while I fully understand & concur with the call, I was looking forward to seeing STVWEB's latest.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e

Considering going to Horsepowering, instead...

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
Yeah, hated to call this event but considering the accuracy of forecasters I'd rather error on worst case. The center of the storm has the potential of moving due north so instead of 1" there could be as much as 3.5" of rain. Then add 10-15mph wind at 50ish degrees I say no way. Some of the locals are aware of the drainage issues around here not sure we'd have enough water craft to get everyone out. We'll regroup and see what we can come up with these events usually take 2-3 months to pull together. Thanks
Thanks for the extra details, I had no idea of the scope of the decision and planning involved. I would like to sincerely apologize about my hasty post last night. I am sure you made the right call.

Looking forward to a new date, understanding that it could be a while.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Good call. I know we beeatch about weathermen (love the weatherwomen) but they are pretty good at their craft.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Paul, It has been a while since we had a social. With Impel cancelled, perhaps we should look towards something in June. Find a nice shady park, BBQ grill, plenty of parking, some coolers, ....

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Paul, It has been a while since we had a social. With Impex cancelled, perhaps we should look towards something in June. Find a nice shady park, BBQ grill, plenty of parking, some coolers, ....
Sounds like a great idea. Let's hear some park suggestions.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Sounds like a great idea. Let's hear some park suggestions.
Patapsco has several areas around the Baltimore, Ellicott city, and Columbia areas. Some in the woods, others that have pavilions. Most of the areas you gotta pay a couple bucks to get in. There's some other great places further outside of Baltimore as well...

I'd like to see if Impex is going to reschedule or not before planning another get together. And planning ideas should be reserved for another thread.

Last edited:

Raweaver_410

TDI
Mk4 Silver Golf TDI 5spd, Mk4 Red 2.0 Jetta Auto, Mk2 Blue Diesel Jetta 5spd, Mk1 Sandy Diesel Jetta 5spd
DAMMIT MAN just saw this, glad I did. Please come up with a date so I can come thank you.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Good thing I decided to check the GTG Posts and with all the rain we have had in the last month 20+ days in a row I believe it will be wet and cold in Towson on Saturday and with as many people the show up for this GTG there would not be room inside to get out of the rain. Looking forward to the next date.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
Is there any plans to reschedule? I was away for work training on the 21st so I'm hoping its rescheduled and I'll be able to make it. I just got a Vagcom cable and would be interested in picking the brains of some of the guys there.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Is there any plans to reschedule? I was away for work training on the 21st so I'm hoping its rescheduled and I'll be able to make it. I just got a Vagcom cable and would be interested in picking the brains of some of the guys there.
Just check this regional forum. when it is rescheduled, it will be here.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
If it is going to happen hopefully Impex will send out emails to their customers since I am not on here that much anymore but don't want to miss it.