00352-Terminal 30A 011 - Open Circuit

nowback

Veteran Member
TDI
tdi's ranging 2000 golf to 2006 jetta 7 in total:)
Ok i have searched and searched and all i could find on the above was
a old old post with someone who had the exact same problem as i have.
"
Controller 46 central conv.
00352 - Terminal 30A
011 - Open Circuit

When I get this fault code, I can't seem to reactivate the horn confirmation feature when I lock the doors by remote. I tried clearing it but it keeps coming back. Your help is greatly appreciated.
"
another post on the same thread
"
Theresias said "Did you check the wiring between battery and comfort control module?"
reply:
"
Theresias, you were ablsolutely right!!! I just got a call from the dealer and he mentioned that there was a defective socket on the dash fuse panel causing an open circuit. All the fuses were fine but that one connection was flawed. The problem according to them is fixed and I should pick the car up tomorrow, no charge. Thanks again for your help.
"

it would sure be nice if it was posted what fuse in the panel had the faulty connector behind it that was causing the problem.

there must be someone who knows where i should be looking.
looked at the rosstech site and that wasnt much help and i
have yet to get a reply from rosstech on the topic.
someone please help
matt

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
There's lives come from the 30A rail along the bottom of the relay panel to the ccm, one of them is probably acting up, the fuses are located on the edge of the relay panel.

Seeing as your car is the passat it might be worth lifting the carpet and making sure the ccm isn't soaked, I think it's under the passenger seat but that's a common issue on them.

nowback

Veteran Member
TDI
woops i should have added to the above post that this is on a 2006 jetta tdi
as well as why i posted in the mk5 area.
sorry
any info on the right car would be appreciated
matt

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Same info but not sure where your ccm is located, still the same problem though and the 30 amp rail is probably in the same place i.e. along the relay panel. So I'd be checking the live feed/feeds for the ccm. There's either one or two that are permanent live.

nowback

Veteran Member
TDI
Looked everything seems to look ok
made sure all the plugs were in well looked for any sign of poor connections.
wish there was a more positive way to know which wire / plug to look for!
Talked to the head machanic at the local vw dealership and he said the
problem is in the drivers door?!

still get the :

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 1K0-959-433-MIN.clb
Part No: 1K0 959 433 AF
Component: KSG 0401
Coding: 137803281B09058F880F048051A0
Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
VCID: 74EDC5B1175394BE80B-8021

Subsystem 1 - Component: Sounder n.mounted

Subsystem 2 - Component: NGS n.mounted

Subsystem 3 - Component: IRUE n.mounted

1 Fault Found:
00352 - Terminal 30A
011 - Open Circuit

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ok seems like a rare one or at least not posted very often, google doesn't bring up much but I did find this.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2420168-Purchased

Regarding the drivers door there should be two main lives go to each door as well as the can wires so you could remove the plastic trim at the drivers feet and the plug should be in there somewhere as in the Mk4. You could check the power to the door.

Everything might look ok but you really want to get a multimeter on it and check those live connections on the relay panel and also to the ccm, it should be a fairly thickish wire and red of some description. Just look for 12V at any suspects.

According to that link you can also check some voltage in measuring blocks with vagcom.

nowback

Veteran Member
TDI
that link is where i cut and pasted the text in my op top of this thread.
it would have been nice if the guy who had the problem could have posted what
they did to fix his problem but i suspect he hasnt a clue.

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So you did!

I think what you need to know is what fuse/fuses deal with the ccm, on the Mk4 you have the #14 but also two fuses on the relay panel but no idea in a 2006 model. It sounds like it must have been the ccm fuse though, maybe damaged slots for the fuse or something.

Have you found the location of your ccm yet? Do you know if it's all good? As in not damp or that? I would check the power to it too with a multimeter, set it to dc volts and one probe to earth and then check any wires that look big and red. It wont do any damage if you touch the wrong one when testing for power.

nowback

Veteran Member
TDI
no idea where the ccm is in the mk5's
this is the first mk5 that i have worked
done tons on the mk4

nowback

Veteran Member
TDI
just looked through a shop manual and i cant find anything on central conv.
there are a ton of modules but nothing named central conv. that i could find:(
starting to hate this car.lol

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Did you not check out that last thread I linked? Oilhammer says

"Central Electronics Module on your car, it is above the clutch pedal area. (J519).

Comfort System Control Module is behind the glove compartment (J393)."

nowback

Veteran Member
TDI
yes i did but knowing where the module is doesnt really help figure out where on what fuse panels its picking power from. this is why i was hoping to find these modules in the shop manual wiring diagrams which i thought would reveal where to look at the power source
to probe to see if there is power there.

nowback

Veteran Member
TDI
so i studied the shop manual and the ccm is powered by a 25A fuse and it has power.

code is:
Controller 46 central conv.
00352 - Terminal 30A
011 - Open Circuit

ccm in the manual has a 25A fuse why is code saying 30A?
why am i looking at the ccm? when code says central conv??
why is it there is nothing in the shop manual about central conv?
is central conv. a function of the ccm? if so everything the ccm is
supposed to be doing is working.
what is not working as a result of "011 - Open Circuit" ??

only thing i can find in the car that isnt working rite is the drivers door doesnt turn
on the int lights when opened i assume the same crap switch that is worn out on all the
mk4 cars is the cause of that or is central conv part of that??

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
CCM stands for central convenience module, the fuse is 25amp because that's the most the ccm should draw so although it can pull 30amps it shouldn't and that would be a problem.

The door switch can be checked with vagcom although I can't remember off hand how.

Other option is it still uses that extra single wire for all the interior lighting like the mk4 does but the one for your drivers door has broken maybe.

nowback

Veteran Member
TDI
the shop manual shows the ccm as comfort system central control module.
and if i were to believe the 011 - Open Circuit code you would think things wouldnt be working like remote keyless entry and all the other stuff the ccm controls..

checked the wiring in the opening of the drivers door its fine.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Go into channel 46, measuring blocks and have a look through to see which group shows the doors open and shut, that should tell you if the ccm is getting a signal or not or whether the lock switch is knackered.

I wonder if the stupid door switch could bringing up the code? It really wouldn't surprise me.

I think too the reason you're not getting a lot of help is because it's extremely rare, using google just brings me back here because there's just not much about it at all. All I can find is it's a fuse or wiring problem but no cure yet.

nowback

Veteran Member
TDI
or are the int lights coming on when the drivers door is opened and no it wasnt
so tonight i fixed the door switch now the lights come on when the drivers door is opened.

correction to my post above everything seems to be working rite except for the
beep when locking the doors and no sound when the panic button is pressed
on the remote key fob despite the lights flashing..
also same when locking yourself inside and opening a door the lights flash but no horn.
so there is one thing not working and that's the horn when locking..
horn works fine when honked at the steering wheel..

matt

Last edited:

porschemann

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Comfort module fault

I know this thread is now 3 years old, but Matt, did you ever solve your problem? I now have a 2006 TDI and it has the EXACT same fault code, and no horn beep when the doors are locked with the fob.
would love to know what you did to fix that Terminal 30A fault code if you ever found it...

fishlip

TDI
2006 Jetta
Same exact problem with my 06 TDI

I get no horn conformation and no panic horn. VCDS indicates 00352 fault on "term 30A open circuit" This one got me scratching my brain bone! Anyone/Anything!!

97browntdi

TDI
2006 Jetta brm tdi
Same problem but happened after battery change

My 2006 Jetta TDI has the same code and my two rear doors will not lock or unlock and my trunk and fuel door won't open. I have tested everything with test leads to verify that everything works the comfort control module is not telling the trunk or the fuel door to open and the two rear doors to lock or unlock. only code I have is terminal 30 open circuit but if I look at terminal 30 on my vcds it shows it has full power.

MkVdriver

TDI
2006 Jetta
Another 06 Jetta TDI with this problem

Recently my Jetta lost its beep when locking the car. At first I thought it was the trunk latch. Replaced it and no joy. Today I ran VAGCOM and got the same reading as nowback received back in 2013. The loss of beep is the only problem that I can find on the car. Unfortunately, I have no direction to solve the problem. I found a YouTube video showing how to remove the CCM (J393). If anyone has solved this problem, please post. :confused::confused: