Common Rail Fuel Pressure

AudiFan07

TDI
Audi a6 2.7tdi
Has anyone been able to check the fuel pressure for the Audi 2.7 or 3.0 TDi?

I've checked using VCDS and when idle it's showing me: 217bar, and climbs to 640bar at 4000rpm.

According to the Audi should be 1800bar.

I'm wondering whether its the pressure gauge or just normal for a 2.7 TDi engine?

Any help would be appreciated.

xcdhracer15

Veteran Member
TDI
99 audi a4 ahu, 02 dmax twin turbo
640 at wide open throttle??

fuel pressure is based on throttle position and a few other things

AudiFan07

TDI
Audi a6 2.7tdi
common rail fuel pressure

Thanks guys, yes i know fuel pressure depends on loaded and free running engine. The engine behaves strange (very fine vibrations) at 950 revs and it started to be loaded from 1700 revs to 2000 then it changed into a higher gear, then the vibrations stopped, and then the same happened all over agin when i changed it in to a higher gear. Twice the engine went into limp mode and when i switched the car off and on again everything it's fine. I had a coderead with VCDS and once the code came out as an intermitted fault of the turbo charger controller; and wiring lume. Everything has been checked. My suspicion is the pressure sensor. The engine does not smoke but i have the impression the engine does not pull as it should do. On the dino rolling road the BHP output was 205 BHP - factory specification should be 180 BHP. Even with an high output it seems to not pull 205 BHP or rolling road machine has an incorrect reading. I'm trying to avoid having to guess the work and unnecessary expenses. I would appreciate to any help from somebody who is familiar with fixing these kinds of problems.