Rear washer spray pattern?

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
On my GSW, the rear wiper fluid comes out in a small concentrated area of the back window and it is the action of the rear wiper that spreads out the fluid on the window. It seems ok, but some parts of the window (that the wiper has coverage of) don’t get as clean as others.

Is this normal or should the rear fluid nozzle produce more of a distributed spray and misting pattern?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
The Alltrack is the same, if you notice, the wiper holds off while you spray the first time, I dose the window something good before the wiper starts to move, then hit it again once the wiper is past so it gets full coverage.

By using massive amounts of fluid I keep the washer fluid companies happy, been through 2 full bottles this past winter alone.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
The Alltrack is the same, if you notice, the wiper holds off while you spray the first time, I dose the window something good before the wiper starts to move, then hit it again once the wiper is past so it gets full coverage.

By using massive amounts of fluid I keep the washer fluid companies happy, been through 2 full bottles this past winter alone.
Unless you are morally opposed to Wal-Mart, washer fluid is crazy cheap.

And to the OP, yes, with these beam wipers and the spray patterns back and front on the Mk7, I have certain trouble spots. One happens to be the lower left (driver) side of my windshield. Very poor coverage by the wiper there, even after using a ton of fluid.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I have no problem filling up the tiny reservoir every chance I get, holds like 1.5 liters before the warning light flashes around corners.

Also despite the old wives tales, I enjoy rain x fluid, figure it's worth the extra couple bucks, as I hate using wipers on the highway, even if it toasts the sensor.

My trouble spot for the alltrack is on the passengers side towards the center, drivers side gets great coverage.