Premium Diesel Map

pogopop77

TDI
2009 BMW 335d
The Beltsville BP is one of a few BP stations that still have their diesel labeled 47 cetane, and carry the higher grade fuel. I know of only a few others -- I have them on my map. I've added your picture.

97pssat04golfTDIs said:
Hi pogopop77,
Here is a picture of the other side of the BP in Beltsville, MD which shows it is actually "Amoco Power Blend." All of the local Amoco stations were relabeled apx a year ago after Amoco was bought by BP. So if you are getting BP Diesel it most likely is not the Premium. I think I will try another BP just to see if it looks the same as this BP's. Sorry about the large picture you may need to resize this for the map.

Take care,

Last edited:

setexan

TDI
Duramax
Thanks for all the work on finding premium diesel stations. I just filled up at the BP station in Charolette Hall Maryland. According to the pump and your map it is suppose to be Amoco premium diesel. I will know in about a week cause there is no fooling my truck.

I have found through my travels that premium diesel or partial biodiesel make a big differences in my mileage. I have to do what I can cause I don't get high mileage like you all.

Last edited:

patter98

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL, 2015 Touareg TDI Lux
I located a Premium Diesel station today finally in my hometown of Traverse City, MI. It is a Shell Truck Stop located on the corner of M-37 and US-31. They have two different Diesel pumps, one states "#2 Diesel", and the other is "Premium Diesel". If you wish to add that to the map it may benefit some people who knows.

WOOHOO Finally some premium Diesel for my tank. There is NO BP's around here that carry any diesel so ive been stuck...until now

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
The Beltsville BP with 47 is a few miles down the street from my work. The label showing "premium" is on the truck nozzle side but the fuel comes from the same tank. It also states that this fuel is not manufactured by BP. I have been filling up there now for 2 months and the fuel is of excellent quality and I will not fill up anywhere else unless I have too;) There are numerous stations on Route 1...Shell...Exxon...Chevron and BP and I tried them all. The BP appears to provide the best driving experience and has the highest Cetane rating of them all. It's a very busy station with high diesel fuel turnover.

pogopop77

TDI
2009 BMW 335d
mdoaw12i said:
Any in New Jersey??
On another thread I saw someone mention a BP station (that used to be Amoco) off the Paulsboro/Swedesboro exit of I-295. If anyone is in that area, feel free to confirm or deny :)

pogopop77

TDI
2009 BMW 335d
patter98 said:
I located a Premium Diesel station today finally in my hometown of Traverse City, MI. It is a Shell Truck Stop located on the corner of M-37 and US-31. They have two different Diesel pumps, one states "#2 Diesel", and the other is "Premium Diesel". If you wish to add that to the map it may benefit some people who knows.

WOOHOO Finally some premium Diesel for my tank. There is NO BP's around here that carry any diesel so ive been stuck...until now
Next time you are there, see if you can get some verification that it is really 45 cetane or better. Could you also specify the address/name more specifically? Google maps does not show a Shell at that exact intersection.

Last edited:

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
CountryMark sells great premium diesel throughout Indiana and parts of a few other states. Also bio-diesel, although that's not as available now that the federal subsidy has been stopped. Some stations still have it. I just bought "premium" B-5 today in Noblesville, Indiana, and they also had B-10 and B-20. Their website has a map of all their stations.

http://www.countrymark.com/diesel.cfm

patter98

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL, 2015 Touareg TDI Lux
Traveling Through Toronto and Montreal in a few weeks and i am wondering what stations are recommended that carry GOOD Fuel in Canada....

Thanks

pogopop77

TDI
2009 BMW 335d
jbright said:
CountryMark sells great premium diesel throughout Indiana and parts of a few other states. Also bio-diesel, although that's not as available now that the federal subsidy has been stopped. Some stations still have it. I just bought "premium" B-5 today in Noblesville, Indiana, and they also had B-10 and B-20. Their website has a map of all their stations.

http://www.countrymark.com/diesel.cfm
Do they have the Premium Diesel-R at the Noblesville location? Please confirm and I'll add it to the map. They appear to have many locations, but the website doesn't specify if they all carry the premium diesel.

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
pogopop, yes, the Noblesville station has premium. I just called CountryMark's customer service and he explained that the individual co-ops own the stations and choose what products they sell. I have a hunch most of the stations on the site map carry premium, but I know you have to be certain. I plan to continue using CM so I will let you know as I travel around to various locations. Do you know if there's a way to find out this same information about bio-diesel around the US and Canada?

pogopop77

TDI
2009 BMW 335d
jbright said:
pogopop, yes, the Noblesville station has premium. I just called CountryMark's customer service and he explained that the individual co-ops own the stations and choose what products they sell. I have a hunch most of the stations on the site map carry premium, but I know you have to be certain. I plan to continue using CM so I will let you know as I travel around to various locations. Do you know if there's a way to find out this same information about bio-diesel around the US and Canada?
Ok, I've added the Noblesville station to the map. If you verify any other Countrymark stations, let me know. I don't know of any lists or maps of bio-diesel stations, sorry.

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
Here's the other one I use. I will report others I find in my travels.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]CountryMark[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]817 W. South St.
Lebanon, IN 46052

Oh, I filled up with B-5 in Noblesville yesterday and the bio pump clearly said Premium bio diesel. So I guess it's made with the premium fuel as well.
[/FONT]

seaglf

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Automatic
andreigbs said:
Use gray bottle Power Service every fillup and you shouldn't have to worry about cetane numbers.

BTW, love that 335d, just hate that it doesn't come in a 6 spd. manual or AWD version or wagon version... Maybe next year.
Yeah I would consider the BMW to if the made a wagon and AWD, even there SUV is a good option.

But I am waiting to see if they are going to sell the Subaru Boxer Diesel here.

I want something in the Mpg range of a TDI,but a wagon for a little extra room,and AWD, with a little more ground clearance then the TDI's.

That would make a good Primary vehicle,and any larger SUV's or trucks for utility.

seaglf

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Automatic
listing

does anyone now if there is a list of Cetane # by gas stations, on a GOV site like API or NHSTA , maybe they have a list of companies Cetane #'s

xflowgolf

TDI
Not a VW ;-p
Last night I stumbled upon a BP in Rockford, MI (a little north of Grand Rapids) off US-131 at 10-Mile exit that has two seperate diesel pumps. One being normal ULSD #2, and the other pump labelled as "Premium Diesel" which also had a sign on it stating "winterized" which I saw as a good sign that the station owner actually knew or cared to label correctly. I certainly would hope with a price difference between the two pumps that this was a legitimate Premium pump.

There were no specific cetane ratings, but as I was out of fuel I topped off with it. I will report back to see if I saw any mpg improvement to justify the premium cost, but maybe it's just my mind but it seems to start easier with less smoke and feel a little smoother.

Unfortunately it's about 10 miles each way out of my normal travels. Perhaps someone can make a phone call to confirm.

Ten Mile Amoco
2770 10 Mile Road Northeast
Rockford, MI 49341-9100
(616) 866-2158‎

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
Last week, on the way back to NJ, I stopped at a Shell off of 95 in Ladysmith, Va. The pump said it was premium diesel. The label said 40 Cetane and in small letters, it also said that the cetane may actually be higher.

sgoldste01

Veteran Member
TDI
None; Replaced 2010 Golf TDI with 2012 Subaru Impreza 5-door with manual tranny
Premium pump at Delta Sonic

Here's the pump at the Delta Sonic in Webster, NY (suburb of Rochester). This is where I plan to buy diesel for my Golf TDI, once it comes in.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
glad to see that it's "enhanced", but what's the deal with the min 40 cetane label? is that a state mandated thing?

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
That's what I said in a post just above, the Shell premium cetane label said a minimum of 40. It would be nice to know what it is.

Samcar222

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Salsa Red JSW TDI
It's good to know that we have a "premium" ULSD distributor near Rochester.
With a JSW TDI on the way (!!), I can finally sleep at night... :rolleyes:
And congrats on the new Golf TDI sgoldste01! That is my dream car for college:D

Last edited:

janascii

TDI
06 Jetta (BRM)
BP in Canton, OH

I've been looking for premium diesel near Canton as I'm getting ready to move there. I was excited to see some possibility there with the BP on Portage (even though its marked with an "?") I'll try to verify it once I get there.

seaglf

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Automatic
wal mart

I would think that BP should be on the consumer Sh#t list along with walmart.

anyway I live in the Houston TX area and haven't seen one around, I work as a merchant seaman in the oilfield in the Gulf, and have seen allot of BP stations in LA, and got fuel there once, but they are priced higher then others, and that one didn't have premium diesel.

Does anyone know if there is a way to locate Premium diesel nationally.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
If there is a way to locate nationally I am not aware of it. Premium diesel...even if the pump is labeled as such ....is hit or miss from my experience. There is a BP close to here that actually posts a minimum cetane of 47 on their pumps and I have had good experience with their fuel. There are others that say power-blend or premier diesel which are both supposed to be a premium product. My expereince at those stations was that they were not always a premium product. Lower cetane diesel makes the engine louder and less responsive. I actually contactd BP to complain about the fact that they could put the stickers on if they purchased one batch of the fuel....then after that they could purchase a cheaper fuel and leave the label posted on the pump. BP says they aren't supposed to do that....and the jobber is responsible to make sure the sticker is removed if they are filling the tanks with that product. I doubt very seriously that ever happens.

Minimum cetane rating should be a requirement just like the ULSD stickers are. If a station advertises premium diesel and the minimum cetane is 45 or lower...then you know what you are dealing with.

Advertising premium fuel that is not premium amounts to false advertising IMO.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
I would think that BP should be on the consumer Sh#t list along with walmart.

anyway I live in the Houston TX area and haven't seen one around, I work as a merchant seaman in the oilfield in the Gulf, and have seen allot of BP stations in LA, and got fuel there once, but they are priced higher then others, and that one didn't have premium diesel.

Does anyone know if there is a way to locate Premium diesel nationally.
min cetane in TX is 48. I would just add power service for lubricity and call it good.