End of lease

badgerh

TDI
Audi A6 1.9TDI 200
My much loved Audi A6 1.9TDI is coming up to three years old and I was struggling to think what new company car I would get to replace it when the company car lady popped her head round the door and said would I mind taking a car from a colleague who had recently left?

I thought: Oh no, Ford Mondeo time or perhaps a Peugeot...

Not so, she says: He had a BMW 530d. I get it next week. Ooh yes, a real diesel with real poke. 0-60 8.0s, 140 MPH. No idea of the spec yet.

Will report later.

The Audi has been magnificent. 100 000 km and only two services (and one scratch repair). No intermediate oil changes and I have averaged 6.2 l/100km (around 38 US mpg) despite lots of 180+ km/h cruises down Autobahns.

The car really looks new and if it was not for my luck in getting a dream car as its replacement I would have fought to keep it a bit longer.

I used to lurk a lot here but work has got the better of me. Nice to be back and have alook around!!

Andrew

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
..He had a BMW 530d. I get it next week. Ooh yes, a real diesel with real poke. 0-60 8.0s, 140 MPH.
MMMMMmmmmmmm, nothing better than a diesel with real poke!

Here in America, we are the forsaken few and don't have any diesels that fall into that category. Our last diesel with a set of large ones was the wonderful 1999 E300 Turbodiesel and MBUSA pulled the plug on that machine.

GMCpatrick

Veteran Member
MMMMMmmmmmmm, nothing better than a diesel with real poke!

Here in America, we are the forsaken few and don't have any diesels that fall into that category. Our last diesel with a set of large ones was the wonderful 1999 E300 Turbodiesel and MBUSA pulled the plug on that one.
A larger version of this is my current wallpaper at work:

If I'm gonna' dream - might as well dream big

Patrick

christi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Peugeot 806, 607
have you thought of asking if you can buy the Audi ?

even if you don't want to keep it you might make a healthy profit selling it on

i got my Passat that way for nearly £1000 less than what they were being sold for, and probably £2000 less that what a VW dealer would have asked.

VWannabe

Veteran Member
I hate you!
I can only dream about this car for now, but maybe someday. If I had the cash, I would have put down a deposit for the E320CDI coming stateside next year. What are the specs for the 530d? I heard that the new Audi 3 liter V6 has 220 HP. How does that compare to the 530d?

badgerh

TDI
Audi A6 1.9TDI 200
It has 193 bhp and 308 odd lb.ft! The Audi is Petrol. The most powerful A6 diesel is the 2.5TDI 180 bhp. My boss has that in Quattro form and it goes like stink, especially with such great handling.

I have now test driven my car but it has to go for a service before it is handed over to me. It is automatic and I was very disappointed to hear that but after fifiteen minutes of driving, it is just such a good match for the diesel engine. Effortless accelerataion in all circumstances. Will report further once I have the keys... Cannot wait!

christi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Peugeot 806, 607
I test drove a number of diesels a few weeks back. I test drove:-

Peugeot 406 2.2 HDi auto
Passat V6 TDI tiptronic
Mercedes C220D auto
BMW 330D auto

the BMW was by far the best, even with auto it was astonishingly quick

the Peugeot for example seemed to loose a lot of power in the auto trans, but not the BMW

either that or it is so powerful that I didn't notice the loss