BRM constant low power

Caswell239

TDI
Brm
i had some post previous about my BRM not starting, and the injectors not firing. Turns out that when i went over some train tracks, (very aggressive whopdy-do) it skipped the timing belt a few teeth. i replaced the lift pump, and eventually checked my timing. The tensioner and everything was still good but i put a full timing belt kit in with new water pump. Turned key and boom fired up, backed out of garage and thought nice! Fixed!.... left the car parked for another month or two as i was enjoying driving my muscle car all summer, then head out in jetta and it has no power. cant build RPM, just dies on the side of the road after about 2 kms. got towed home, and did some searching. did the vcds basic settings 11 test and i was getting 25" of vac and wasnt switching, actuator not moving. Ordered new N75 valve. Tested the actuator it self and it starts moving about 2" and stops at about 21", holds vac fine, and moves freely. i also removed the egr valve and its clean. pressure tested the instake all the way to where the egr valve meets the intake manifold and no leaks. After i replaced the N75 i took it for a drive and it was much better, but still real low power and black smoke until 2k then boom comes alive until about 2500 and starts to die off again. Now heres where it gets interesting. Before the timing belt issue the car was a little smokey on take off, would be a slight hesitation, clear up a puff of smoke and boom gone like a rocket. had it up to 160km/h. it rips. Now im hard pressed to get to 120km/h. Now i do know the cam is showing signs of wear but i dont think that is the cause of constant low power now since it was fine before the timing fiasco. now when i drive, it is so slow in 1st, 1st is the worse, especially if on a bit of a grade, just bellows smoke and kicks in a bit at 2k or just clack clack clack. gets better as i get into higher gears but still if under load rolls the smoke. codes show MAF code (cam wear), o2 sensor code (it looks new, probably a result of the smoke), and sometimes a underboost code. i did a log and it showed from about 1200 rpm to 1900 rom the actual boost was about 300mbar below the desired, then from about 1900-2300 its 200 over and then 2300+ it drops way off again and is way under the desired. I did the VCDS 11 basic settings test again and it works perfectly, i have a difference of 130 mbar.

I am at my witts end with this car. really dont want to pour more money into it as i just want it gone. I dont think a cam replacement will fix all the issues as i said it had tons of power before the timing deal. torsion value is -.1. im going to get a compression test done just to ensure i did bend a valve but i dont think so since i build proper boost during 1900-2300, but sucks everywhere else. Any help would be appreciated.