Where can I buy Shell Rotella T6 in Quarts?

CincyAudi

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I would like to buy Shell Rotella T6 in quarts. Is there a place other than Wal-Mart that carries it? Is there any place online that I can buy it?

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Up in my area we have Farm & Fleet, Big R, and Rural King. They all sell Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 in quarts, gallons, and 5 gallon buckets. As these stores are not in your area, this is no help you to you. Sometimes the local Autozone and O'Reilly's have it.

Google is your friend.

$6.99 at Rural King, free shipping on orders over $49.

http://www.ruralking.com/oil-rotella-t-synthetic-5w-40-qt.html

$6.79 at O'Reilly's. Order online and pick a store for local pick-up. No shipping cost.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/SHL4/SYN540QT.oap?ck=Search_N1189_-1_-1&pt=N1189&ppt=C0252

Your best bet is to look up local bulk fuel/oil jobbers that carry Shell products in your yellow pages.

:)

Kier

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Limited Diesel Edition, DSG, Reflex Silver/Anthracite
Some Pepboys carry it in quarts.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI Automatic, MKIV rear axle bushing install tools
Rare WM or truck stop.

I have 2. One for in the car and one to keep here filled since with the Pella takes me over a gallon to refill and the quart is easier to work with.

I've had the same 2 for years because they are hard to find I don't throw them out.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
I have yet to find T6 in Quarts, Looked at Walmart, Napa, and Fleet Farm.

Seen the Regular T in quarts, but not the T6.

jakop92

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI
Oreilly and Walmart sell synthetic t6 in gallon bottles*. Oreilly has them on sale for ~$20 every couple months (at least at my local shop).

Last edited:

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
Quarts or gallons? I would hope a quart would not be 20 bucks...

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
I buy quarts at Wal-Mart as well as gallon jugs. The quarts are about $7.95, IIRC.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
Different parts of the country I guess.

I bought a gallon for about 20 bucks last night. 7 bucks a quart is pretty spendy compared to 4 quarts for 20 so maybe I shouldnt complain I can get it in smaller quantities.

Just that an oil change is 4.5 quarts...but I guess I will use this gallon to top it off between changes and have enough left over for the 0.5 quart next few changes.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
When I was using T6 I bought the gallon a Walmart for $21, and the quart at Rural King for $7.

Farm and Fleet or Tractor Supply might have the quarts, too.

tonystdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 700K miles, 2000 Jetta 288,000 miles
Tractor Suppy was all out, so they ordered 4-1 gallonn bottles for me, and its on sale for $17.99.

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
Rotella 5w40

I just bought 3 gallons Of T6 for $18.00 per gal plus tax [blue container] at Tractor Supply Co. in Syracuse. Cheapest I've seen it.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Switch to the Delo 5w-40? It's pretty comparable to the Rotella and just a bit cheaper at the local Wal-Mart here. I'm not sure, but I think they have it in quart bottles too.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
I don't even bother with buying quarts anymore since I use it in almost everything I own. It never goes to waste and won't ever spoil.. I refill an empty quart bottle to keep in the car for topping off but that's it. Far more expensive in single quarts

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I do the same thing. I keep a few mobil1 quart bottles around so I can refill them with any excess- the wide mouth makes filling without a funnel pretty easy. I mark them with a sharpie to make myself feel better. :)