Hello again folks!

TDI
1994 Jetta GL 1.9L
So, I'm back after a few years absence. This time, I'm looking at a 15 Jetta TDI "highline". If you couldn't tell by any of that, yes, I am in Canada.

Because I'm thinking/looking at this Jetta, I'd love to hear opinions about them. The good, bad and the ugly. I'm planning on using it for an Uber ride. Yeah, yeah, don't laugh. ?

My last TDI was an ALH golf that I used as a delivery car and have retired it with roughly 525,000 kilometres. Its still going strong but, with Uber, the new car will have to be less than 10 years old. I figured, lots of mileage everyday, good fuel economy, getting back into a TDI is a no brainer.

Thanks for the feedback.

On a side note.... Its nice to be back

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
I did Uber with my 2015. As long as you've got some highway in there, you'll be good. Too much city and the mileage really suffers. I have a lifetime average of 46, but I had a horrible tank when I was in the Los Angeles traffic... low 30s. Too much city driving I'm sure will limit the life of the DPF with a lot of stop and go. Not deal breakers, just something to consider.

I had some complaints about rear leg room, and I had to hug the steering wheel sometimes. I've also done uber with a NMS Passat and that was much, much better. If you can find a TDI Passat with more miles, or only a little more cost, you'll have a better rideshare experience.

On that note, I feel like the NMS and NCS platforms are about the same on build quality, perhaps the edge goes to the Passat, but only because it has better materials. Mk7 golfs are much farther ahead of the Mk6 Jetta on build quality. My experience is that the Jetta does develop a lot of rattles that remind me of the Mk3/4 days.

That said, there are a lot of good deals to be had when looking at 2015 Jettas.

TDI
1994 Jetta GL 1.9L
I did Uber with my 2015. As long as you've got some highway in there, you'll be good. Too much city and the mileage really suffers. I have a lifetime average of 46, but I had a horrible tank when I was in the Los Angeles traffic... low 30s. Too much city driving I'm sure will limit the life of the DPF with a lot of stop and go. Not deal breakers, just something to consider.
I had some complaints about rear leg room, and I had to hug the steering wheel sometimes. I've also done uber with a NMS Passat and that was much, much better. If you can find a TDI Passat with more miles, or only a little more cost, you'll have a better rideshare experience.
On that note, I feel like the NMS and NCS platforms are about the same on build quality, perhaps the edge goes to the Passat, but only because it has better materials. Mk7 golfs are much farther ahead of the Mk6 Jetta on build quality. My experience is that the Jetta does develop a lot of rattles that remind me of the Mk3/4 days.
That said, there are a lot of good deals to be had when looking at 2015 Jettas.
Awesome, Thanks so much for your reply.