03 Jetta GLS WGN in San Diego/Orange County Area *DELETED*

Matt_OToole

Veteran Member
TDI
none -- car free for now!
Re: 03 Jetta GLS WGN in San Diego/Orange County A

Wow, are they really going for that much out there? I ought to buy one here and drive it out...

rperks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf green(sold) 2015 GSW BLK

I thought about making it a business for years, but just thinking about it got me nowhere. There are already two other forum member that have made it a business out here. And honestly I am not sure what they go for out here, I only know what people have been listing them for on the AutoTrader. Harvieux lists his as wildrosemotors, and had jetta sedans not that much cheaper, listed for a while as sold and to call him. Figured I would put it up at that price and see what happens, it is not like the price is carved in stone. Just for an idea of the premium people pay out here look at the link, it is the search results fo 2002-2004 tdis within 200 miles of my area code

Auto Trader Search

So, yes my price is a little high, but the car is also in pretty near perfect shape.

KMX3060

So who is the other business in Ca?

I thought about making it a business for years, but just thinking about it got me nowhere. There are already two other forum member that have made it a business out here. And honestly I am not sure what they go for out here, I only know what people have been listing them for on the AutoTrader. Harvieux lists his as wildrosemotors, and had jetta sedans not that much cheaper, listed for a while as sold and to call him. Figured I would put it up at that price and see what happens, it is not like the price is carved in stone. Just for an idea of the premium people pay out here look at the link, it is the search results fo 2002-2004 tdis within 200 miles of my area code

Auto Trader Search

So, yes my price is a little high, but the car is also in pretty near perfect shape.

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
An '05 MBZ E-320 CDI (W-211) replaced the '10 TDI JSW

Asking and getting are two different animals!

Let her try to trade it in, and see how little they'll offer her.
A friend of mine tried to trade in his NB TDI, and they offered him only $8,500.

To try and get more than that two year old wagon sold for originally, well good luck.

rperks

Veteran Member
TDI

luck it may be. Harview is one dealer and then there is ALH up in Ukiah. Back when I moved out here 4 years ago my 2000 golf gl had 40,000 miles. At that time people out here were paying 16K or more for similar models, I paid 17K for it new, very tempting to sell it, but still going strong. I do not get it, or much with the volume of money people churn out here, you think the TDI prices are nuts look in to realestate in San Diego county. In the last few months the jetta wagons went that high on ebay as well. I put it out at that price as a feeler, there are people all over the country traveling further to get cars not in this good of shape and trim level. So far I am not getting much feedback, but am not in a terrible hurry either.

Another good example of this is the VW Westy Phenom. THose campers sell for 2 to 3 time the amount in ca that they go for east of the rockies. Blue book is like 2K yet beat up ones go for more like 10K.

ahlcar

Vendor , w/Business number

ALH is the engine, AHL is the name. Ahl Motors is offering an '03 5 spd with lower miles and leather for $21k. Good Luck on $23k without the business model to back you up or make the buyer feel safe knowing you will be around to take care of any problems that might arise.

rperks

Veteran Member
TDI

I am sorry about that, I hate when people screw up my name as well. As for the price it was just that, a price, I figured if anybody was interested they woould call or email, if interest continued then an offer would follow, but maybey I was wrong. I would consider any reasonable offer, and thank you for your offer of luck

Rob

whatevah

TDI
2003 I hope

I'm looking for a wagon, just like yours, but I'm a cheap ass. I know what I want though, but I'm unwilling to pay sticker shock prices for used cars. Anyways, I'll let you consider what's reasonable or not... $15.5K

Thanks...Jon

rperks

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta GLS WGN in San Diego/Orange County Area

OK we still have the car and I am lowering the price to $21000 OBO

rperks

Veteran Member
TDI
Re: 03 Jetta GLS WGN in San Diego/Orange County Area

ttt, still for sale, had a couple offers, and then they vaporize?