New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

NavyTDI2000

TDI
2000 New Beetle 1.9L
Hello! Just bought a 2000 Beetle with ~182,000 miles on it. Good friend / neighbor was original owner- I want to learn diesel engines a bit and keep this as daily driver. Needs an alternator (according to the shop at which it was previously serviced). I have all maintenance records for the life of the car.

Looking for a TDIclub-recommended shop for work in Orlando / Oviedo, FL area. I'm planning to revamp elements of the interior, minor things on the exterior (it looks pretty good for being 24 years old!) and do maintenance on the engine to the degree I am capable. I'm a novice, as far as engine mechanical experience- but this car is my project car for learning, so if something takes time to learn- I don't mind.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Welcome NavyTDI2000 .... nice find.

Post this info in the 101. It will be seen right off and you will likely get a response much faster.

Also, there is a Sticky on Trusted Mechanics by state that can be helpful.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
Hello! Just bought a 2000 Beetle with ~182,000 miles on it. Good friend / neighbor was original owner- I want to learn diesel engines a bit and keep this as daily driver. Needs an alternator (according to the shop at which it was previously serviced). I have all maintenance records for the life of the car.

Looking for a TDIclub-recommended shop for work in Orlando / Oviedo, FL area. I'm planning to revamp elements of the interior, minor things on the exterior (it looks pretty good for being 24 years old!) and do maintenance on the engine to the degree I am capable. I'm a novice, as far as engine mechanical experience- but this car is my project car for learning, so if something takes time to learn- I don't mind.
Wow! One owner, low miles, and all the service records?! The perfect car!
Welcome here, you've definitely come to the right place!

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon

Welcome! Here is the thread to look in for trusted mechanics by state!

NavyTDI2000

TDI
2000 New Beetle 1.9L
Welcome! Here is the thread to look in for trusted mechanics by state!

Thanks- I was just able to post a question in it!

HierbinichhderSpar

TDI
Golf Cab AHU 1998
Hello everyone, last year I bought a 1998 Golf 3 convertible.
It is a 1.9 TDI AHU with a 5-speed DSF transmission
After a few repairs the Golf is running great. Lastly I replaced the ECU and the top.

I already had a few VW Polo, Golf 2, Golf 1 Cab, all petrol.
But the TDI is the most fun. I learned to drive in a Golf 3, it was my driving school car. 😂

Next is an ECU remap fom @burpod to gain some extra hp:love:

greetings from Austria

jhndrtxn

TDI
2005 Jetta
Hey, I'm in the process of purchasing a 2005 Jetta 5sp assuming it is a bew, I'm planning to use this for commuting to work and want to do what I can to make it last.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Hey, I'm in the process of purchasing a 2005 Jetta 5sp assuming it is a bew, I'm planning to use this for commuting to work and want to do what I can to make it last.
2005 could be BEW or BRM, depending if its an mk4 or mk5. The mk5 is brm, and the mk4 is bew

CanadianALH

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd 2006 Jetta DSG (wifes)
Make sure the cam in good shape and if it's unknown do the timing belt ASAP.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I'll have to check it out when I get a chance it has a 03 Golf front end on it.
Then it would be an mk4, since the mk4 golf front end won't work on an mk5.