New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

jrrod2004

TDI
2015 Passat TDI
Hi,
my name is Mike. Just bought a '15 Passat TDI after driving a truck for 9 years. Figured that I would try a German car with a diesel.

KansasDave

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI 6M
Greetings all,

I'll soon be in the market for a new car and really considering a VW TDI. Just haven't decided which one yet, but hope to have my decision finalized within the next month or 6 weeks.

I've been reading a lot on this site for a couple of months and can tell a lot of valuable information is contained here.

upstateTDI

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL DSG
New Golf Mark VII TDI SEL

[/url][/IMG]
Hello Folks...just wanted to introduce myself. After 15 years of owning a Saab 93 SE (2000 5 speed), I returned to my roots as a VW owner (first car was 1983 GTI). Purchased a MK VII Golf TDI SEL DSG with lighting package in December (opted for DSG so wife could drive the car, no 3 pedals in her bag of tricks). Very happy so far (1500 miles) with the Golf. Pic attached with winter tires/wheels. MPG steadily increasing (though recent sub zero temps not helping) - averaging 38 but did get 47 during a 50 degree F road trip. Liking the laid back drivetrain (do occasionally miss the heady rush of a turbo gas engine though) and quiet highway cruising. Build quality is solid...door "thump" way better than the Saab did.
Cheers -

Teachertech

TDI
2001 and 2006
Hello all! What a great forum. I've been coming here for years to learn from those who are much smarter than I am. Thank you to all those who take the time to post their knowledge and run this site! I finally decided to join. My first TDI was a 2002 Jetta, sadly it was a total loss. My current everyday driver is a 2006 TDI. I just purchased my 3rd TDI I think I may have an addiction.. lol.. I love these cars and continue to learn about them. I recently purchased a 2001 Jetta that was hydrauliced as a project so that I could have a back up TDI. I'm currently working on the car and I just replaced the bent rods and pistons. I can't wait to hearing the clack! Cheers!

mattthomas78

TDI
2012 vw jetta 2.0l tdi 6 speed
Hello from TN!

My name is Matt and I'm a TDI-aholic I currently have only a 2012 Jetta with a 6 speed but have also recently found an 03 Passat TDI automatic that needs a good home and so I may be picking that up as well very soon.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Eli5129

TDI
05 mk5 Jetta
Hey guys, my names Eli, I drive an 05, mk5 Jetta TDI (BRM). With ~5k on the 5spd I rebuilt (factory gearing), and as of right now 250 miles on a Frank's TDI's cam.

BRNTDI

TDI
'14 Jetta
Hello folks.
I'm Stan. Just got my first TDI. A new 2014 Value Edition. It's an a/t cause the wife can't drive a stick.

Joshusmc

TDI
1998 beetle 5speed
New to the forum and new to tdi's but an old friend of diesels lol just wanted to say hi and I'm sure I'll be posting a few questions about my 1998 5speed beetle

maxx007at

TDI
VW Golf MK IV TDI (AGR)
Introduce myself

Hi there,

I'm Martijn from the Netherlands. Currently I own a Golf MKIV TDI (AGR) '99
My previous cars are:
Passat 3B (B5) V6 TDI SYNCHRO TT5 '99
Volkswagen Caddy MKII AEY (SDI) later replaced with AHU (TDI) '98
Volkswagen Golf MKII 1.6 Automatic 3SPD '86

Also I have VCDS with an original Ross-Tech cable (HEX+CAN USB)
So if there is any one in the Netherlands that needs help ...

Martijn

scubatyler

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2005 Passat Wagon TDI
Hey there,

I have been a long time lurker on this site and found a lot of the tutorials extremely helpful. I have been driving a 2004 Jetta 1.9L TDI that just rolled over 206k miles. I currently also have a 2005 Passat 2.0 TDI wagon as well.

joeyhuddleston

TDI
2002 Golf
Got the MkIV golf I've been looking for!

Woohoo! I'm Joey and I'm glad to finally be in the club! I just bought a 2002 4-dr with only 105k miles on it here in Los Angeles. There are a few interior parts to replace, but over all, it's in great shape, especially the paint job. I couldn't be happier.

Here's some pictures:

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
Congrats! Looks pretty good. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Woohoo! I'm Joey and I'm glad to finally be in the club! I just bought a 2002 4-dr with only 105k miles on it here in Los Angeles. There are a few interior parts to replace, but over all, it's in great shape, especially the paint job. I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EnzTDI91

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL
Hey everyone! I am new to the TDI club. Yesterday, I purchased a 2015 VW JETTA TDI SEL. WOOT! Really excited and happy to start learning everything I can about my vehicle.

zerokelvin

TDI
none yet....
Diesel Powered Engines!

Hello all,
Figured I'd introduce myself here and perhaps meet a few people that can shed some light on TDI engines.

My Goal: To replace my existing engine with a diesel engine to achieve more power, torque, fuel efficiency and towing ability. Also interested in diesel engines (TDI) due to their durability and life expectancy and modifications to enhance performance.

My CURRENT Project: I recently bought a stock 1985 Toyota 4runner SR5 in all original condition from the original owner, a rare find in this condition. The purpose of owning this vehicle is that the 79'-85' Toyota 4x4's are virtually unbreakable. The 22RE engine is also bullet proof with only one downfall..... roughly 100 bhp stock with very few improvement options. I would like to install a diesel engine listed in my goal above. My main concern is fitting and fuel economy. I have been looking in Germany at the R5 TDI european model engine that is used in the Touareg. It's a 2.5L TDI with some impressive numbers. My problem is finding a TDI that will mount up with the stock Toyota transmission. I know a company that makes a kit for this mounting but it's for the 1.9L TDI.

I'm interested in chatting/meeting anyone who knows anything about diesel conversions for 4x4 vehicles, gearing requirements to maintain low RPM's that the TDI puts out, information about the most fuel efficient TDI for the money and how to achieve at least 150 bhp and 300 ft/lbs torque installed in this project Toyota 4x4. If you are reading this and interested in chatting with me about this project, please feel free to email me or send a message through here. My email address should be listing in my profile but if you can't find it I'll post it here: atzerokelvin@yahoo.com Thanks for reading and your help/information in advance.

Mr. Pepper

JATPOL

TDI
'14 Golf TDI 6M Candy White

Here's some pictures:

Nice ride man congrats ☺

franklin

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Hi from Norfolk VA

Hi. I've been lurking around here for a couple of years, basically for as long as I've owned my 2001 Jetta TDI.
I've found so much useful info here that I had to say hello and thanks to you all.
I bought her with 120K and am about to roll over 200K in the next month or so.
I put about 3K miles a month on her, so maintenance would get really expensive if I had to pay someone else to do it.
I've been working on cars since I was kid handing wrenches to my dad, but this is my first experience with a diesel.
I was a little iffy about jumping in at first, but you guys have made it easy.
So, Thanks!

XI3

TDI
2010 Jetta
hey everyone
im new to the diesel scene, a little while ago i bought a 2010 jetta tdi to replace my bmw 335xi as my daily driver. ive been lurking for awhile trying to learn what i can since i am a diy'er.

04yfzkid

TDI
2002 Jetta
Hi everbody, my name is Mike. I'm here to learn!

About myself: I'm a forum junkie. On one forum I have a little over 31,000 posts and it has actually led me here! That and a lot of google searches. This is my first european car after making fun of them for many years. I've owned 2 diesels (both with chips and one with massive injectors and nozzles). I've played with Southern California offroad trucks (pictures below), and currently own a turbo 2004 mustang cobra stroked to a 5.0. This car has been the main focus of every penny I make and hopefully will be owned by someone else soon. It mad 600whp on pump gas at 16psi and should make around 850whp on e85.

Why did I buy a VW: Well I bought a TDI because I've heard of the insane MPG. After a 100 miles and the gas gauge not moving off of full, I'm convinced! Not to mention the great ride quality, and options of this car. There is a power port in the trunk!

Whats my plans for the Jetta: It's a 2002 Jetta 1.9L TDI manual trans. For now have fun with it. The previous owner installed a diesel geek 100k kit 70k miles ago. I plan to install another 100k kit, injectors, some sort of "chip", exhaust, and possibly an intake / FMIC. We'll see how money permits. Other than that, clean up the interior and possibly do some work on the "crash site" and peeling clear coat.

No pictures of the Jetta yet because it's in a pretty sad state!

Pictures of previous vehicles / the mustang:

T15redbaron

TDI
2002 jetta
New to the club

Hello, I needed a work vehicle, so i found what i thought to be a clean 02 jetta. Guy lied about pretty much everything he could. Car has 177,xxx on it. I just dropped in to Properly introduce myself and try to gain some knowledge to make this thing last as long as possible. I've read quite a bit already but any advice that you would like to add would greatly be appreciated as i am new to the diesel seen. Thanks in advance.

DragonVW

TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDI
Hi there

Hi I have just purchased a 2000 Jetta TDI it is a little old but runs good so far as I know.

tejastommy

TDI
2013 Jetta DSG
Hi all, I've been a member ever since I got my 2013 Jetta TDI, but this is My first post. I'm a DYI'er so this forum will be a lifeline for me.
I'm at 30K right now so I'm prepping mentally for the 40K service I'll do myself.
Thanks all for the helpful posts and links. TJ in Texas.....

adrnlnjnky700

TDI
Newb with a diesel

just bought my first TDI. Recently sold my cummins and felt the need for another diesel so its good to be back in the diesel world.

Bought a 2000, 5 spd, with about 187k miles. timing belt and water pump and clutch recently replaced.

not looking to go crazy with upgrades. just going to keep her close to stock for a daily driver.

emma.j

TDI
**currently looking to buy**
Hi everyone!

I am new here and have found all the posts super useful in my search for a fuel-efficient car for my soon-to-be long highway commutes!

I have managed to narrow down my 'want list' to a manual: #1 2003 Jetta TDI GLS wagon, #2 1999, 02/03 Jetta or #3. 4 door Golf.

I look forward to learning how to do some fun mods and maybe some maintenance on my own too!

For now I will just drool over the awesome photos on here...

marksport

TDI
2000 Beetle
Hey everyone I'm fairly new to this forum, usually lurking and looking for info on fixing my
2000 beetle tdi. I'm from Abbotsford bc, about an hour east of vancouver canada.

63owen63

TDI
6R 1.6 TDI / instagram : mehmetguliaytar
Hey all, im totally new here on the site, hi to all, im from Turkey and i own a polo 6r 1.6 tdi. I made some modifications and now we are about 178 hp/ 400nm still running with oem turbo. Im here for learning much about tdis :)

DurangoCOtdi

TDI
Looking for a Wagon
Hello,

New here from Durango Colorado. Looking to buy me first TDI. Trying to find around an 03 5spd wagon in replace of our 04 4runner.

Thanks and great site

Kevin