Allow myself to introduce .. myself

r11

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT (BB'd), 2015 Passat TDI SE 6MT
Folx,

got me a slate grey 6MT, at a nice price, below the MSRP.

Been looking for a while and there were cars here and there, in NY tri-state, but I could not get dealers to give me a decent trade in value for my prev car and attempts to sell to a private party had been frustrating.

All of that is a distant history.

Drives live a dream, purrs like a kitten. On my drive to work this am (15 miles from around Giants Stadium to few miles north of GWB) I got, w/o any effort at all, 45 Mpgs ! Lights, entering and exiting highways .... it didn't matter !

On a funny note, as I was going through paper work, a guy calls in wanting the car. After being told is being sold right at the moment, he starts yelling at the manager over the phone.

A minute later a different guy walks in, saying he's about to drive to Florida and he will pay the sticker no questions asked.

The dealer had the car for about a month with little, if any, interest shown and then all of a sudden this happens. Funny.

Let me plug the dealer - Union VW of Union NJ. Great people, super nice and brand new buildings, drove to see the service center ... also brand new, got something like 16 lifts (!)

Finance guy is a huuge soccer fan so we chatted about Messie's 5 goals (in one fixture, for those that dont know) and stuff like that. A different family bought a car right before me and there were hugs and kisses all around, these folx seem to be well respected.

Another plus - this one had Continentals on, while a gasoline SE they had on display, had Hankooks.

Last time I drove stick wuz like 20 years ago, giant Soviet military trucks. Drove the baby through the neighborhood last night and it more or less came back, didn't stall this morning once ... yet :p

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Congrats on the new car and welcome to TDIClub! Glad you have a decent dealer near you - more than can be said for some of us.

Yay for the Continentals, as the Hankooks have a lot of road noise.

:cool:

Niner

duplicate account, banned
There's plenty that have been sitting well over a month here in AZ, west of Phoenix. 6 MTs. They'll move, eventually. I bought mine 4 weeks ago, today... 1200 miles on it, 800 in the first 4 days of ownership. Gotta drive both TDI's to keep the batteries charged up, so the usage gets split up.