like to introduce myself

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
hi @ all!

my name is stefan (24) and i live in germany.
i found this tdi-forum with google and just finished the registration. i am surprised that here are so many tdi-drivers from the us and so on. i alway thought that vw doesn´t sale any diesel-engines in the us.:rolleyes:

as you can read i drive a vw polo 9n with a 1.9 tdi-pd engine (blt) with original 130 hp.

my latest engine updates are:

vnt20 turbocharger of the2.5 v6 tdi engine, fmic and air intake piping of the seat ibiza cupra tdi engine, head bolts of the arl-engine with stronger head gasket and 740ccm pd-elements

i am surprised that it is even in the us so popular to increase the performance of tdi-engines:).!

by the way some pics of the car

well, that´s it. great community!;)

regards

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome! There is a wealth of knowledge here as we can't depend on most dealers to do the job correctly. I have learned alot in the 1 1/2 years here. Diesels aren't popular here currently, but do exist. As fuel prices increase, diesels will become more popular. We now have clean diesel and that should help with the new models as well.

hpc

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 NB TDI, 2013 GLK 250 BlueTec
Wie gehts (ignore spelling - meine Deuschte is terrible),

Welcome aboard. Alot of useful information and opinions throughout.

Cheers,

Lon

P.S. How long has the vnt-20 been installed? Care to comment on
any "teething" problems encountered?

PeeWee

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon, 97 Passat Sedan
Welcome Stephan

We like to tune a little in Canada too! We would love to have some of the stock Vdubs that you have in Germany.

Später bis

Peter

xsamx

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf Black
Again, welcome! I have a lot of Colleagues over in Germany. None of which ever browse these Forums. They have some serious mods done to their cars. Over there, Diesels are abundant and Modding is much more popular. Here, people end up buying Diesels mostly for the Economy. Glad to see people from the Home of the TDi on these forums. Looking forward to hearing some more info about TDi's from across the seas.

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
my home city is greifswald, that´s in the northeast of germany.
and yes, i am fine:)...we say "mir geht´s super" lol.

what is the quality of the diesel in the us.? i´ve heard you have only stuff with 40 cetan or what.?:confused:
the shell company offers here diesel with 63 cetan.

the gt20 is just mounted for ~2000km...i didn´t understand the rest of your question.:(

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
and what is it with your problem.? vw doesn´t offer all parts you would wish to buy in the us.?

scott_the_sock

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Stef@n82 said:
i didn´t understand the rest of your question.:(
Don't worry. Your English is hundreds of times better than the German most of us can't speak.

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Ebay.de is a little difficult to use for most. First there is the language barrier, and then most of us here use paypal whereas most Germans prefer wire transfer. We can all do that but it is more involved (and more of a risk). Also, many prefer not to ship out of the EU.

We generally haven't been getting the higher performance diesels here because of the limited market-share and our emissions standards which have been difficult to meet in the past with the sulfur content in the diesel fuel. We now have ULSD available though and should start to see some better models by next year.

Oh, and welcome!

Last edited:

Acidhead

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta tdi
The reason the we have "tuned down" motors is that they won't let us drive as fast as "Die Deutschen"( I'm sure I've spelt that wrong). But we keep trying.;)
Welcome to the "club"

ptempel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
Was ist oben, dude? Was in Germany for Octoberfest in Munich about seven years ago. Had a lot of fun drinking beer with about 6 million other crazy people there. I remember this guy called Reiner. I noticed that he had about nine marks on his arm with a pen. I asked him what they were and he said that they were the number of liters of beer he had. No wonder he was almost passed out at the table there in the Spaten house. :) Will have to go back again sometime and see the beginning (first week) of the celebration. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
yeah i think when the price for the gasoline will raise more and mare in the us, the diesel engines will become more attractive fpr the customers. some years ago i was for vacation in the us and the price for one gallon of gasoline was just some cent more than a dollar. in this time the price for one litre in germany was already one dollar and up. and one litre is just one quarter of a gallon:eek:.
so here more than the half of new cars do have diesel engines because of the low consumption. but there isn´t only the 1.9 tdi. for example in the audi a8 you can buy a 4.2 tdi with more than 320 hp and an unbelieveable torque:D.

ps: the octoberfest is great lol

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Stef@n82 said:
yeah i think when the price for the gasoline will raise more and mare in the us, the diesel engines will become more attractive fpr the customers. some years ago i was for vacation in the us and the price for one gallon of gasoline was just some cent more than a dollar. in this time the price for one litre in germany was already one dollar and up. and one litre is just one quarter of a gallon:eek:.
so here more than the half of new cars do have diesel engines because of the low consumption. but there isn´t only the 1.9 tdi. for example in the audi a8 you can buy a 4.2 tdi with more than 320 hp and an unbelieveable torque:D.

ps: the octoberfest is great lol
Regular unleaded is currently around $2.55 a gallon whereas diesel is around $2.95 a gallon. The prices flucuate up and down relative to one another so on occasion the diesel is cheaper than the gasoline. The price of diesel will likely drop in the spring relative to gas which will rise in the summer.

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
@ gottdi

i think that won´t be possible to mount a v8-diesel into a jetta:D. the jetta you mean is the old bora in germany i think. the really new jetta in germany is just available for one year.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
And you'll also be able to get the 500 HP V12 diesel in the Q7, and we won't. Man, sometimes it really sucks to live in the US.

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Welcome Stefan!
Your car seems very nice!(but I cant see any pictures) and you have almost the same mods that I have. But im not finnished with my engine yet...(looking for exhaust manifold).

Theo

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
hi theo! ;-)

but the links in my first post do work when i open it.!:confused:

i am looking for an upgrade of my exhaust system as well.

if possible i´d like to remove the catalysotor.:D

what power and torque are you running?

regards

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
What really sucks is we don't get the Polo, with any engine - petrol or diesel.

All we get with a TDI for the 2006 model year is the New Beetle, the new Jetta, and the Touareg V10 TDI. The New Beetle and Jetta just have the 100 horsepower Pumpe-Duese engines.

We don't even get the Golf, which is sold as the Rabbit here, with a TDI - all we get in the Rabbit is a 5-cylinder 2.5L engine that is based on the Lamborghini Gallardo's V10, but it's not very powerful. We do have the Golf GTI, although we just call it the GTI, and it has the 2.0TFSI.

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
i think the polo is a quiet nice car because it´s small and not really heavy. and with its 130 hp pd engine it runs like hell:D.

and the 130 hp pd engine is a really good basis for further tuning. except of the turbo and the ic it is nearly absolutely the same as an 150 hp -or 160 hp pd engine.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
So Stephen what are the guy's in Germany doing with vw tdi and bmw tdi motors , do you know of anyone with silly big power.

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
most of the guys they do online chip -or obd-tuning with their diesels.
my setup is already some "hardcore" in germany. but i know of some guys with 1.9 tdi´s as well, running @ 250 hp+ and propan injection.

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
Servus!

Wenn man versucht, die Bilder aus deiner ersten Meldung aufzurufen, stoesst es auf ein Login-/Registrierungsseite bei TDItuning. Offenbar muss man da registrierter Benutzer sein... naja... jetzt mal die Sprache schalten...

Sorry folks. Had to schwaetz a little... basically translated, you have to be registered at TDItuning to view the pictures. I registered to look at them, and it's neat to see something we don't get over here... nice job.

Stefan, you can attach the pictures easier to your post if you also upload them to the TDIClub image galleries.

Nice-looking Polo - how many PS/NM are you getting from your mods so far? Does that ZENEC MC-190 have navigation?

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
at the moment i am running 210 hs / 430 nm (what is in in the us? lbs?).
i wait for the headstuds of raceware for my pd-engine to increase the power by an new software.

okay. i will have look to upload some pics here anotherway. and yes. the tdituning.at is an austrian forum where a lot of people meet, who are not satisfied only with simple chiptuning. and it´s very unproblematic for the germans as well, because the swiss and austrian people do speak the same language as me.

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
PS=hp
1 Nm = 0.737 ft-lb

So you've got ~317 ft-lb in that Polo... wow. How much does it weigh?

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
the weight is +- 1250 kg

@ mojogoes

i don´t understand your question about all4tdi.com (grundler) :-(

Last edited: