www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old March 13th, 2018, 13:51   #1336
GolfTDISA

Default Got a Email From VW

Got an Email on the Rebuilt Car that is not eligible to participate, will appeal because it has rebuilt title , but it looks like VW people dont know the difference between salvage and rebuilt title.

Dear xxxx xxxxxx:

Based on the documents and information you have provided as part of your claim with Reference No. xxxxxxxx, you are not eligible to participate in the 2.0-Liter Settlement Claims Program. The reason(s) for your ineligibility is described below.

Vehicle is not eligible - Your vehicle is not eligible to participate in the Settlement Program.
If you believe you are entitled to claim benefits under the 2.0-Liter Settlement Claims Program, you may appeal this ineligibility determination to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel and a Court-appointed “Neutral” who will be called upon to resolve disagreements between the Claims Committee’s other members, should they arise. To submit an appeal to the Claims Review Committee, you must send a written request to appeal to the Claims Review Committee, P.O. Box 214500, Auburn Hills, MI 48321 or crc@vwcourtsettlement.com.

Your request must include the following information:

Claimant’s name, address, telephone number, VIN of the affected vehicle and Claim Reference Number
You must also include a brief statement explaining why you believe the ineligibility determination was in error
After your claim is received and reviewed by the Claims Review Committee, you will receive a final determination as to your eligibility status.
GolfTDISA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 14:05   #1337
fookin
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A3

Wouldn't it be nice if VW wrote which part of the settlement people's claims are not compliant to. Just a blanket statement "vehicle not eligible" seems almost childish.
fookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 14:59   #1338
Brica

TDI(s): Passat

Did you call VW to see why the car is not eligible ?
Brica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 15:04   #1339
Brica

TDI(s): Passat

I have 3 cars not eligible
One was not registered between 2015 and 2016
one was open lease in 2016
One has a rebuild title before 2015
Brica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 15:12   #1340
GolfTDISA

Will find out next week , I did send the appeal. This one was rebuilt 3/3/2017 no lease , no previous accidents , one owner .
Old March 13th, 2018, 17:11   #1341
xcdhracer15
Veteran Member

submitted proof of operability per phone discussion with claims rep

this included 10+ pages of receipts and a NH state official inspection completed by a state trooper.

submitted this yesterday, today it gets rejected and am told to contact claims agent. Tonight talking to claims representative on portal through chat they want proof of operability between the dates of 6/3/2016 and 6/28/2016. Her example was a parking ticket with the VIN or receipt for service with the VIN.

anyone else getting this run around ?

[B] :
==> Due to the branded title the proof of vehicle operability document during the specified dates is required to show the vehicle's eligibility.

Last edited by xcdhracer15; March 24th, 2018 at 05:07.
xcdhracer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 18:25   #1342
GolfTDISA

It seem like they will do that to all of us, with some BS documents requirements so get ready to to get majorly herrast everyone, with Rebuilt and Clean titles with salvage history.
Old March 13th, 2018, 21:09   #1343
GolfTDISA

Talked to Phynogen tonight at 9 pm,he told me it was a leased car , so at least that answers that question , why it was rejected.

Last edited by GolfTDISA; March 13th, 2018 at 21:14.
Old March 13th, 2018, 23:05   #1344
miltak

TDI(s): passat,jetta
Fuel Economy: 40-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfTDISA View Post
Talked to Phynogen tonight at 9 pm,he told me it was a leased car , so at least that answers that question , why it was rejected.
Was it leased from VW credit?

Last edited by miltak; March 13th, 2018 at 23:27.
miltak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 06:11   #1345
GolfTDISA

I would assume so, I do not know 100% hopefully they will provide some kind a proof as well , since I bought it used on the auction..
Old March 14th, 2018, 07:04   #1346
ujames

TDI(s): YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkhalil123 View Post
hi ujames how is ev
hi guys anything new about salvage titles ?
If you provided your email address via PM, you should have received an invitation
ujames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 08:12   #1347
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
I would assume so, I do not know 100% hopefully they will provide some kind a proof as well , since I bought it used on the auction..
They will not provide you with any proof. I had exact same situation with a clean title car. It was a 2014 model as well.

It was rejected for vehicle not eligible. I called and a super helpful rep called me back in the evening with following information - vehicle was leased through VW at the time of the scandal. Leasee chose to end the lease early and collected some money from VW. Then dealer somehow got the title from VW and it was before there was a fix available so I purchased it thinking car is good to go. Ended up selling it at the auction for someone else to deal with it.

I also purchased 2 more cars from VW dealers that were in same exact situation, but they were not able to produce a title and took the cars back after 2 months of waiting.
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 08:47   #1348
Jkhalil123

TDI(s): golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujames View Post
If you provided your email address via PM, you should have received an invitation
hi yes I did long time ago check please
Jkhalil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 08:58   #1349
lvrpl

TDI(s): Passat TDI

Quote:
Did you run a Carfax or Autocheck? I think those typically show you if the car was a lease generally, and usually it will show if it was a lease at the time of the accident.
lvrpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 09:00   #1350
jeffcapp99
Veteran Member

Quote:
The fact that the car was leased does not matter. Leasing could affect restitution, but leased cars polluted the same as non-leased cars. It has to be bought back.

Sadly, my words about VW giving us the run around seem to be coming true. Incompetent agents handling these claims.

VW will reject most of them and hope we give up.
jeffcapp99 is offline   Reply With Quote