11/6/17, can't schedule 3.0 fix...surprised.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Hah, basically.
We have a couple that are "pre sold" pending a fix and the remaining 6 SUVs will hopefully be gone before the Gen 2 PC fix is released.
If anyone is looking for a higher mileage Cayenne or a medium mileage Q7, I'm your guy, haha.
Gen 2 PCs are going to be a PITA - we have 17. :rolleyes:

Nice! How did it go price wise for the pre sold cars? Did you sell them to private parties?

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Nice! How did it go price wise for the pre sold cars? Did you sell them to private parties?
Both sold for ~$1k over what we paid, inclusive of fees. One was sold to an investor and the other to the guy who rents us our warehouses.

Probably could have made more on each car, but didn't want to screw up an easy sale.

The toughest cars to retail are going to be our Cayennes. All are in great cosmetic and mechanical shape, but have higher mileage (we have a '13 with 141k miles and a '15 with 99k miles). People were definitely using these as long distance commuter cars, so the interiors and exteriors are immaculate, but the mileage is insane.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Both sold for ~$1k over what we paid, inclusive of fees. One was sold to an investor and the other to the guy who rents us our warehouses.

Probably could have made more on each car, but didn't want to screw up an easy sale.

The toughest cars to retail are going to be our Cayennes. All are in great cosmetic and mechanical shape, but have higher mileage (we have a '13 with 141k miles and a '15 with 99k miles). People were definitely using these as long distance commuter cars, so the interiors and exteriors are immaculate, but the mileage is insane.

11k profit on each of them. I'll take that!

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man

Easy Kill! Good to hear.

11k profit on each of them. I'll take that!
Right!

jking11

TDI
14-Touareg & 14-Q5
Total Runaround!

I scheduled my 3.0 14-Touareg appointment after I got the email from VW. I called last week to talk to a real person and got total cluelessness. Prestige VW in Melbourne, FL. Finally got a voicemail back that said nope, no parts, no idea when they could do the work. I thought they said they were going to cancel the appointment. I got a reminder email yesterday. I called again today, asked if they had the parts. Nope. "Any idea when you will have them" Nope. Are you starting a waiting list? Nope. How often should I check back? Not sure. Good Grief...the lady was nice, she also mentioned they are going through some fuel pump issue where guidance from VW is lacking.

I tried the dealership where I bought the car, Napleton in East Orlando. I couldn't even make it to a service advisor to ask my question. I cannot tell you how much I hate VW!

And I still have a 14-Q5 to go through the rest of the process! UGH!

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I scheduled my 3.0 14-Touareg appointment after I got the email from VW. I called last week to talk to a real person and got total cluelessness. Prestige VW in Melbourne, FL. Finally got a voicemail back that said nope, no parts, no idea when they could do the work. I thought they said they were going to cancel the appointment. I got a reminder email yesterday. I called again today, asked if they had the parts. Nope. "Any idea when you will have them" Nope. Are you starting a waiting list? Nope. How often should I check back? Not sure. Good Grief...the lady was nice, she also mentioned they are going through some fuel pump issue where guidance from VW is lacking.
I tried the dealership where I bought the car, Napleton in East Orlando. I couldn't even make it to a service advisor to ask my question. I cannot tell you how much I hate VW!
And I still have a 14-Q5 to go through the rest of the process! UGH!
VW dealerships are the worst! They have no clue how to treat customers that spent $60K on a vehicle.

My experience at the Audi dealership has been vastly different. They know how to treat a customer that spent $75K or double that, on a vehicle

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
Just called my dealer, they still have not received their emissions stickers

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
If anyone is looking for a higher mileage Cayenne or a medium mileage Q7, I'm your guy, haha.
Boy, I'd love the medium mileage Q7. It would be nice to have the 3rd row. But my assumption is that the jump from a high mileage Touareg to a medium mileage Q7 would be cost prohibitive.

Personally I would love to get my hands on an A6. They have a ton of brand new 2016 A6 TDI's listed on Autotrader. All appear to be listed at MSRP. I'm curious what they'll end up going for, but even if Audi put a $10k rebate on them they'd be wellllll out of my budget. It looks like they made them in 2014, but not 2015 which is kind of odd. I didn't see any 2014's cheaper than $25k. Still way more than I could spend, though if they had the $9k fix money on them I'd start to get tempted.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Boy, I'd love the medium mileage Q7. It would be nice to have the 3rd row. But my assumption is that the jump from a high mileage Touareg to a medium mileage Q7 would be cost prohibitive.

Personally I would love to get my hands on an A6. They have a ton of brand new 2016 A6 TDI's listed on Autotrader. All appear to be listed at MSRP. I'm curious what they'll end up going for, but even if Audi put a $10k rebate on them they'd be wellllll out of my budget. It looks like they made them in 2014, but not 2015 which is kind of odd. I didn't see any 2014's cheaper than $25k. Still way more than I could spend, though if they had the $9k fix money on them I'd start to get tempted.
Might as well step up to an A7 at this point. Fabulous cars!

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L

Q7s would be mid to low 30s, we also have 9 A6s that will be high 20s, low 30s and around 50-60k miles.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
Here is an update on mine. Dropped it off Friday. Got a call mid-afternoon that a technician had found that a sensor was bad. They didn't have it in stock and were trying to get one in by today from Toronto. I actually am not clear on what the sensor is, but its something in the exhaust system I believe. Once I realized that they were covering the cost I decided not to worry about it.

I had no CEL and I was kicking myself for not scanning it with VAGCOM before bringing it in.

Definitely point out the DEF and free fuel to your dealer. Mine didn't know and it took me a while to find it in the booklet. Its buried in an obscure place. But the service tech was great. Made a photocopy of that page, highlighted it and put it with the service ticket.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Got the call today that one of the dealerships I talked to last week now has the fix kit. I asked if the kits included the stickers and were complete and I was assured that they were. I am scheduled for 11/17 with a drop off at 0930. 2014 Touareg, 50K miles.

The vehicle has two open recalls that they will also address

Recall Services:
Mfr Campaign/Safety Recall Notice:34G5 -ManufacturerCampaignId:34G5 Over time and in rare cases, vehicle and road vibrations can cause a small automatic transmission fluid (ATF) pipe leak to occur. Install a bracket on the ATF pipe to help prevent pipe vibration.
Mfr Campaign/Safety Recall Notice:46G4 -ManufacturerCampaignId:46G4 A securing clip at the brake pedal hinge may be missing. If the clip is missing, the pedal pivot pin could start to move and the pedal could lose guidance. If this remains undiscovered, the pedal hinge could fracture after continued operation, allowing the pedal to dislodge. The customer may not be able to properly actuate the brakes with a dislodged brake pedal. A non-functional brake or reduced braking power could lead to a crash. Affected vehicles will be inspected for presence of the securing clip. If missing, the clip will be assembled as required. A non-functional brake or reduced braking power could lead to a crash.

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
Losing your brake pedal could be fun, thanks for the heads up.

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
So the wife had scheduled her fix for last Monday 11-13-17 at 10am and after driving 40 miles gets to the dealership to find out they didn't have all the parts..now have to drive 40 miles back home with 80 miles less fuel and 2 hours of time wasted. Pretty disappointing that the Porsche dealer could've have let her know before. I told her to have the dealership bill VW/Audi the next oil change.

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
^We've had that problem as well. Either no loaner or no parts with several of the cars we brought in for a fix. The closest Audi dealer is ~50 miles from our warehouse, so wasting lots of time with no consequences for the dealer or for VW as a whole.

Claims line hold time was 45 mins last time I called, and their solution was to apologize. No actual fix.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I called again this morning. Very professional gal at the dealership I spoke to confirmed that ALL parts are in stock with my name on them, rental reserved! Two hours to get there and I will be FROSTED if I get turned around without the fix!!

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, big shout out to Seacoast VW in Greenland NH. They handled my repair well. Communication was good. They provided the loaner. They filled the tank.

We dropped off Friday and didn't get the car back until Tuesday, but that was related to some type of sensor that they had to order that wasn't part of the emissions fix, but was required to be working. They had to order it from Toronto and it didn't come in until Tuesday.

I enjoyed driving the Alltrack SE loaner. Fender sound system sounded great. Car drove nice. Plenty of pep. I enjoyed the DSG with paddle shifters. I wasn't a fan of the seats with hard flat bottoms and I don't remember leatherette being so sticky. You can't slide at all on those seats. And now that we have two cars with HID headlights I just can't go back. The standard headlights were lousy. And the lighting package doesn't seem all that prevelant for cars that aren't ordered with it. I can't believe it isn't standard on the SEL trim. I averaged about 25 MPH with it in mixed driving. Not terrible, but not very impressive either.

ScooterRandelli

TDI
2013 Q7 Premium Plus 100k miles
NEW MEMBER, FIRST POST!
Love the site and have learned so much.
Dropped a 2013 Q7 last Tuesday, asked for and rec'd loaner Q3 S-line upon request. They used my claim #, I have accepted half of payment and rec'd all $1500 from Bosch.
I was told I was second client to have an emissions fix done in WV. Subsequently told I was the first 3.0 Gen 2.1 to get fix. Tech states still only requiring about 3-4 hours, so I asked for an oil change as well and was told to pickup following day.
Next eve I call and dealer waiting on parts....
Day after they say waiting on a tool and a sticker...
Kept loaner over weekend...no call from dealer for two days after wknd...I go to dealer 8 days after dropping in order to get some random things from Q7 interior, they claim its finished now though! Q7 gets washed and upon entering there is an engine light. Dealer states also night they will keep another day and make sure everything okay...no call yet...hopefully get it before another weekend...
Last conversation before leaving I state please don't forget the DEF fill, and the fuel(I mentioned at minimum $40 diesel) They retorted that diesel fill only an option if you don't take a loaner...?
Not once did I get a call, and got half ass answers upon calling, it was evident they are used to being cussed out.
This dealer's customer service is beat, but next closest is 1.5hr drive. Likely worth it after this bullcorn. Maybe Im being picky....we do have a decent loaner for time being...just would have been nice to know they didn't have any parts, etc at time of drop. Guess thats what I get for being eager to get fix.
Or perhaps VW and Audi dealerships really are the worst...

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
NEW MEMBER, FIRST POST!
Love the site and have learned so much.
Dropped a 2013 Q7 last Tuesday, asked for and rec'd loaner Q3 S-line upon request. They used my claim #, I have accepted half of payment and rec'd all $1500 from Bosch.
I was told I was second client to have an emissions fix done in WV. Subsequently told I was the first 3.0 Gen 2.1 to get fix. Tech states still only requiring about 3-4 hours, so I asked for an oil change as well and was told to pickup following day.
Next eve I call and dealer waiting on parts....
Day after they say waiting on a tool and a sticker...
Kept loaner over weekend...no call from dealer for two days after wknd...I go to dealer 8 days after dropping in order to get some random things from Q7 interior, they claim its finished now though! Q7 gets washed and upon entering there is an engine light. Dealer states also night they will keep another day and make sure everything okay...no call yet...hopefully get it before another weekend...
Last conversation before leaving I state please don't forget the DEF fill, and the fuel(I mentioned at minimum $40 diesel) They retorted that diesel fill only an option if you don't take a loaner...?
Not once did I get a call, and got half ass answers upon calling, it was evident they are used to being cussed out.
This dealer's customer service is beat, but next closest is 1.5hr drive. Likely worth it after this bullcorn. Maybe Im being picky....we do have a decent loaner for time being...just would have been nice to know they didn't have any parts, etc at time of drop. Guess thats what I get for being eager to get fix.
Or perhaps VW and Audi dealerships really are the worst...
You are entitled to the free fuel up AND loaner!

Arcadewilco

TDI
2014 Q7
Got my 14 Q7 TDI back from repair earlier this week. 3 observations:

1: It drives a little more sluggish than before. Definitely not as spirited as before.
2: MPG is about 3-4 miles less than before in my normal day to day driving.
3: I can hear the engine more during idle. There is definitely more noise coming from the engine bay.

Will be looking into performance chips to hopefully get it back to normal or better.

bird67

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI*
Got my 14 Q7 TDI back from repair earlier this week. 3 observations:

1: It drives a little more sluggish than before. Definitely not as spirited as before.
2: MPG is about 3-4 miles less than before in my normal day to day driving.
3: I can hear the engine more during idle. There is definitely more noise coming from the engine bay.

Will be looking into performance chips to hopefully get it back to normal or better.
Ugh. If others' experiences mirror yours this is really disturbing. Once we all learned that VW's "fix" was approved and there would be no buy-back, I've resigned myself to accept what is largely on faith that the "fix" would be just that - not noticeable. A 3-4 mpg drop is unacceptable. Sluggish driving is unacceptable. Noisy engine is unacceptable. All should be considered adverse "material effect" on performance.

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
I'm hoping the mileage drop is temporary while the engine and transmission relearn various adaptation values.

Either way I'll take the money then decide whether an extended warranty or stage 1 is more appropriate.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Took in a 14 Exec yesterday at 0930. Two other recalls completed and I was leaving the dealership at 1645. First off, Herzog Meier in Beaverton is a GREAT dealership! Seriously! When I pulled up a gal instantly requested the keys so she could go fill it up. As they were finishing the job I moved some stuff into it and the tech advised me that they couldn't use the K&N filter in it to complete the process so he threw a new VW air filter in it and put the K&N in the rig.

This was a speculation car that I had only driven 90 miles myself since July, so no MPG comparison.

Within a mile of leaving the dealership I was on a surface street going 35 MPH and the thing started bucking. I let it do it for a couple seconds then floored it. I wasn't able to recreate the bucking after that.

Power feels good.
Noise seems the same.
less engine braking for sure.
Idle RPM is exactly the same @ 750

This is a vehicle that when I first registered it on the portal I had full restitution, then that offer was cut in half and I tried to figure out why. Of course the portal people can't tell you anything, privacy you know. But when I left the service advisor handed me a couple documents that included the new window sticker and an "Emissions modification & extended warranty completion receipt" This document shows VIN,claim number, mileage and a FULL RESTITUTION payment. Of course no email from VW yet with the details so It's kind of like Christmas morning around here… :)

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
This is a vehicle that when I first registered it on the portal I had full restitution, then that offer was cut in half and I tried to figure out why. Of course the portal people can't tell you anything, privacy you know. But when I left the service advisor handed me a couple documents that included the new window sticker and an "Emissions modification & extended warranty completion receipt" This document shows VIN,claim number, mileage and a FULL RESTITUTION payment. Of course no email from VW yet with the details so It's kind of like Christmas morning around here… :)
How were you initially informed that the restitution was cut in half?

I brought it in to the dealer for the fix, where they couldn't get started due to the claim number not working. Called claims and I found out there are two previous claims on my vehicle but the guy on the phone is saying those should be cleared and I'll get full payment. Color me skeptical.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
How were you initially informed that the restitution was cut in half?

I brought it in to the dealer for the fix, where they couldn't get started due to the claim number not working. Called claims and I found out there are two previous claims on my vehicle but the guy on the phone is saying those should be cleared and I'll get full payment. Color me skeptical.
When I first registered the car moments before I bought it back in July it had a FULL offer. I emailed all of the documents and had only put my wife on paperwork yet both of us were on title. So they reset the claim, that's when the offer went to half. After a call or two to the claims center I figured I should just get it processed even if it was half.

No mention of anything hinky at the dealership.

Still not sure if I will get half or full. Either way, car is sold. Now just awaiting the 2 PC approval.rejection.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
When I first registered the car moments before I bought it back in July it had a FULL offer. I emailed all of the documents and had only put my wife on paperwork yet both of us were on title. So they reset the claim, that's when the offer went to half. After a call or two to the claims center I figured I should just get it processed even if it was half.
No mention of anything hinky at the dealership.
Still not sure if I will get half or full. Either way, car is sold. Now just awaiting the 2 PC approval.rejection.
I have one Q7 traded in to a dealer for 26k. My purchase price was 33.3k OTD, with a 7.15% interest loan. I get the full restitution from both VW and Bosch. 10.5k in total. So I made out 3k plus.

The other Q7 I purchased it for 36.5k OTD, also full restitution. Got an offer for 28.5k, so only 2k profit.

I am now pounding my head into sands for the fact that I did not buy more bitcoins back in the day. The price of the stupid thing went up several times during the time I purchased and kept the cars. I'll unload the cars ASAP to put the money into buying bitcoins.

What's your return, by the way?