A Happy Ending

Cirrus

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I gave been the proud owner of a '05 Jetta TDI PD for just over 2 weeks now. I have been doing alot of reading on this site prior to buying the car (some excellent information here for the newbie's {me} and the oldtimers alike!)
I decided to let my local VW service dept. to do the first oil change last week because I was still trying to digest all of the oil information here, and the car needed one ASAP (I ususally do my own work). Yesterday I was reading a thread about some VW dealers installing the wrong oil ie" 502 or 505 ...not 505.01 or better. I went and got my VW invoice, and it had the oil part# as ZZZ-532-540-SD which is very close to the posted part #ZVW-532-540-S which has been listed as a 502 oil only..not PD rated.
I went down to my local VW service dept. this morning and pointed out that they had put the wrong stuff in my car, and I even showed them the VW tech bulletins. The friendly service manager took me into the shop and took me to a large bulk drum that is used for the PD engine oil change. A large sticker on the top and side proudly displayed for all to see....
"ELF Excellium DID 5W40 VW 505.01"
I thanked the man, and came home a much relieved customer. Some VW service guys actually know what they are doing!!!
PS. I still plan on doing my own work in the future.........just bought a Pela 6000 this morning.

Last edited: