Gen 3 2.0 Fix experience - Bring Your Claim Number

fredthe

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL DSG
So this week I finally had time to bring my '15 GSW in for the emissions fix. Yesterday I went to the claims portal, and hit the "click here to schedule an appointment." Took me to the dealer page, where I scheduled a generic appointment with a comment as to what it was for.

Got to the dealer this morning, and told them why I was there. They asked for my claim number, and of course nothing had told me that and it turns out they could do nothing without it. They suggested I call the claims line, as others had done this in the past. So I called the claim line. Went through the menu tree and endless recordings. Got a human (before 8 AM). He asked for my name and... my claim number. I told him that was why I was calling, and he told me that while he could access and verify info on my claim he wasn't allowed to tell me the claim number. He dd tell me where on the portal I could find the number which is good as it's not immediately obvious.

The dealer did then offer to let me on a computer, but I just grabbed my laptop and got on their free WiFi. Took me less than 5 minutes to get the number.

I gave the number to the service rep, and he puts it into his iPad to start the process. Says something about VW will need to talk to me to confirm things. At this point I realize he'd put in the VIN for my other TDI ('13 Passat, which will get fixed but I haven't sent the paperwork back yet). Once that's fixed it let's him proceed without me talking to VW.

Still waiting to hear that they're done, and I hopefully won't get a call about a code set for the AdBlue heater (fixed previously under warranty, but the CEL came on briefly recently for the same fault.) Once the fix is done it'll be under warranty again.

More once I get the car back.

Needing the claim number may have been mentioned previously here, but if so I'd missed it and it's really the fault of the claim portal design. The page for scheduling the appointment should say "And you will need your claim number" and give you the number right there.

deezelpower

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2015 Audi Q7 TDI
When I made my appointment, the dealership called back to confirm the date, and they were ADAMANT about having the claim number on file before I could confirm the appointment. Luckily, i still had that paperwork with the notary stamp that had the number on it.

I dropped it off this morning for the work, and they confirmed it was on file. Whew!

I suppose some dealerships are just more on top of things than others?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
So this week I finally had time to bring my '15 GSW in for the emissions fix. Yesterday I went to the claims portal, and hit the "click here to schedule an appointment." Took me to the dealer page, where I scheduled a generic appointment with a comment as to what it was for.

... snip....

Did you ask, and did they say WHEN phase 2 will be?

Thanks

fredthe

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL DSG
When I made my appointment, the dealership called back to confirm the date, and they were ADAMANT about having the claim number on file before I could confirm the appointment.
I usually get a call confirming any service appointments, but this was a new service adviser. I will be giving appropriate feedback when the dealer calls to ask how they did. Among other things even though I twice told them which number to call me on when the work was complete, they still managed to call my daughter instead.