door locked horn

chiefmoose

TDI
09 Jetta 2.0 CBEA
My horn no longer works when the doors are locked with the fob. Replaced the horn, but it still doesn't work. And yes, I replaced the one in the passenger front fender well. Tested the horn that was removed, and it works. What else would cause this? Is there a relay in this circuit? Or a fuse?

chiefmoose

TDI
09 Jetta 2.0 CBEA
Just tried the panic button, and horn doesn't sound then either. If it was a microswitch, the panic function would work, right? Lights flash during lock and panic mode.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Did you accidentally turn it of in the MFI? (IIRC, it can be controlled there...)

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
there is a relay and a fuse for the horn, but not sure if fuse is for horn only or circuit is for several things. at work right now, not near my Bentley to look for location for you. will try remember when I get home to look and report back, but getting to be an old fart and forget things like this until too late.

if you can find the relay there are usually several with same part number to swap around and verify that is the problem.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Bentley book has 2008+ the relay is in convenience module J519. Book says it is located under left dash. picture just shows a drawing of car with arrow pointing to windshield.

My old fart memory is failing again, I think I remember reading relay J6 in the box. the one relay for both high and low horn.

joewilhite

TDI
2OOO TDI
what work was done just before it quit working. maybe a program was lost in a module.
sometimes that can happen.

opie1988

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
lost mine when right rear door lock quit working. If the car is not completely locked the horn will not sound

pastduebill

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI (man)
When you find out how it quit working please let me know. I would LOVE to get rid of that annoying honk. Thanks, Bill

Spiked1Z

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Can be controlled on/off with VCDS or vag401 reader, as well as seat belt alarm, door lights, and other cool things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk