Seat Leon Cupra R rear axle beam bushing?

Nico3d3

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2001
I searched for a while to find an alternative to the crappy oem rear axle beam bushing on the MK4 and I found out what they use in Europe. The bushing from a Seat Leon Cupra R can be used as a drop in replacement for the MK4 VW.

I searched all over the Internet and on eBay too and I couldn't find any website that would ship it to North America. I was wondering if someone else might know where I could get it?

Part number: [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]1Ml 501 541
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
I think t[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]hey a[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]re[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] used on the Skoda Fabia too but again, this car is not available here [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I'm pretty sure any of the usual suspects can special order you any European VAG part (boraparts, pgperformance, worldimpex, parts4vws, etc, etc). It'd be worth shooting them all some emails for prices/etas!

Good luck,
-Chris

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
heres the 3 options you have got and the prices i got from the respective main dealers on 15/5/09

6Q0 501 541 E Skoda Fabia VRS Rear Axle Bushes are £15.86 + VAT EA making a pair £36

6LL 501 541 Seat Ibiza Cupra R Rear Axle Bushes are £22.84 + VAT EA making a pair roughly £53

1ML 501 541 Seat Leon Cupra R Rear Axle Bushes are £40.82 + VAT EA making a pair roughly £94

these are all different bushes, but they are ALL firmer then the standard OEM, but not as firm as poly bushes. the leon is the heaviest and is heavier than the mk4, and the ibiza and the VRS are very similar in weight to the golf, although you could argue that the handling caracteristics of the leon will be much closer to that of a golf

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Nice find...looks like it could be a nice upgrade, maybe they would last longer as well.

I wonder if Aaron or Peter could get their hands on some of these.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
dang, i don't want to change my rear bushings again, LOL

Any pics of said better rear bushing?

Nico3d3

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2001
REDNECKDZL said:
dang, i don't want to change my rear bushings again, LOL

Any pics of said better rear bushing?
I don't want either but mine are starting to act as if they were worn out only one year after I changed them so I'm kind of tired of these oem bushings.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
duh, missed the link

That does look like a much nicer unit

losvre

TDI
Golf MK4 GT TDI 110
Hello guys,

With regards to the the bushes fittment...try and get the bushes in the freezer for a few hours!! give it a try

billymade

TDI
Don't own one; 1.8T Turbo S GAS
Hey, guys; was wondering if anyone had a long term or experience installing these on our Mark IV USA based cars. My bushings are cracked in the back of my New Beetle and I am loath to install the crappy stock bushings. I have a thread but haven't had much feedback on it. I would appreciate anyone's experiences with these; where they got them, install info and how you think they work on your car. Thanks! :)

http://newbeetle.org/forums/technical-modifications/58866-rear-axle-trailing-arm-bushing-option.html

There seems to be a number of options; some from heavier cars and seemingly beefier design, weight.

Golf Mk. IV. 1J0 501 541C. roughly £20 (our stock versions)

Fabia VRS. 6Q0 501 541 E. roughly £25

Ibiza Cupra. 6LL 501 541. roughly £32

Leon Cupra R. 1ML 501 541. roughly £52

terrible_tim

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi, 2002 new beetle -sold
I think I used the Ibiza bushings on my NB a few years back. They worked well...the ride/body roll was firmed somewhat...not sure if it was worth $100 or $150 or whatever it was...but it was somewhat better.

Skullbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen
Cupra r

Hey, those of you that installed the cupra r bushings, what about the orientation? No marks like the oem. Have any pics or link to a how to?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
The cupra ones are like poly, I'm sure there's not a specific orientation and they just slide in.

powerfool

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
In that picture, he says the LCRs are on the left and "OEM" on the right. Are those OEM or are they Lemforders? They look almost the same, from what I can tell. I just got my set of Lemforders in. I am very anxious to get them as I just installed the MOOGs and the Bilstein TC Sports... the bushing were the most in need of a refresh, so things haven't fully improved (they actually seem worse when I have a lot of weight the car, like 3 people, rather than just me). Currently, it is metal banging on metal, so any bushing should be an improvement of essentially no bushing.