AARodriguez Build Thread with RyanP 2260 and Malone Tuning

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Almost done installing this turbo and a few other goodies, just wanted to start a thread and post a comparison picture of the stock KP-39 turbo v.s. the GTB2260 turbo from RyanP. Lots more to come!

Last edited:

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
looking good, hope everything goes well the first round through

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
seems like everyone lately that has been doing builds have had issues pop up.. its getting annoying..

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
Storx and I are both doing CR builds, and there's a big learning curve. Malone is trying to figure out a lot of new things. Fuel curves, security, etc. These will be beasts when everything gets worked out. Storx reports he can break the tires loose mid 3rd gear with his current tune! :)

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
ehh...I've had a lot of little issues that just mean waiting time, or taking it off and putting it back on. I think anyone doing a BEW build with Ryan's kit will have it easy when I finish the video editing.

I ended up needing to install the turbo to the manifold, then bolt the manifold to block. That was fairly easy.

The PD150 intake manifold was a bit of a PITA to install, there's not much room left on the passenger's side of the car for a bolt. pics to come

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
Can't be less room than the CR, I can't even see it from top side.

Yes, oil line on turbo, and turbo on manifold then install on head, otherwise PITA

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI

This bolt cannot be used because there would be no way to tighten it

The solution, a ground down bolt, with the "washer head" on that nut it would have pinched up against the exhaust manifold LONG before it would have been close to tight

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
ugh.. the log manifold.. was complete pain the arse to install because the turbo sits directly over 2 of the top bolts and i must have dropped the 12mm wrench tightening them 50 or so times cause you can only move it 1/8 of inch at a time.. also found that you cannon tighten the manifold bolt at all if you have the OEM EGT installed.. the studd had to be shorted a little to thread the sensor in..

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Almost done, tomorrow I'll change out all of the engine mounts and prime the turbo with oil then start it up!

HELLO 30 PSI!

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Ball end allen key works perfectly for that tight bolt but yes, you need to drop it in first!

Looking forward to the Video, any questions just ask!

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Thanks for the tips on the Ball-allen tools guys!

I installed new 80 durometer motor mount and transmission mount today, put everything back together and started the car.

HOLY HELL, my teeth are still vibrating....do these motor mounts break in quickly? (or at all)

Last edited:

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Thanks for the tips on the Ball-allen tools guys!

I installed new 80 durometer motor mount and transmission mount today, put everything back together and started the car.

HOLY HELL, my teeth are still vibrating....do these motor mounts break in quickly? (or at all)
FWIW...not so much. Cold weather makes it even worse lol

GF or wife might or might not like it. Never know. Some tend to like vibration :D

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Just an update to the thread, car runs good but needs more fuel, currently I have stock PD100 injectors.

I did some friendly comparisons with a 2012 Jetta TDI today that had a Stage 2 Malone tune, my car was lacking, it wasn't a blow out, but it was very clear that my car was not a match for the tuned Jetta.

I'll have PD150 injectors installed by the end of the year.

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
That manifold is a work of art
I second that. I've always had a thing for that slightly textured surface. I need to start photograping my build :)

BTW, With my 1756VK and Race 520's on a 10 mm pump (meaning 11 mm would probably give me a touch more leeway) I'm out of fuel. This may be the size nozzles you'll be looking to get or to get a custom set a little larger.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
I'll probably buy some Firads from RyanP in the future, need to change out my dead lift pump too.

Wish I has researched more about the motor mounts before buying them...