Electrical Pin Tool

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Can someone give me a P/N & source for the tool to remove the pins from the electrical connectors ?

Thanks ..in advance
HermTDI

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Herm, here's one of them:

...but Lito came up with a new one (Stahlewile?) in the past week or two that was much sexier

dudybug

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 jetta tdi auto, clear windscreen & tinted driver
just picked up one of these jewels at a local tool outlet.
assume i will use this to punch out the wires from a female pin-type connector, as in the pierburg maf scheme?

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
The Tool pictured here show (2) of the same tool. I modified one of them(the one on the top) It does a much better job of extracting with the fingers bent inward.

This tool can only extract 000 979 133's or larger. This is the connector used in the MAF wiring harness, and the #3 injector housing, headlamp harnesses, horns, etc, etc.

Here is the original thead by Michael Moore

I guess www.carquest.com is the place to buy this tool.

The other tool, used for repair wires 000 979 131 are even smaller. 1.6mm wide to be exact. These are very tricky to extract. You will find these wires in the door window control module(motor) various connectors on the A, B and C pillars, and in the water tight box in the plenum chamber next to your windshield washer motor. I believe the radio connector also uses the 131's.

THIS TOOL IS EXPENSIVE. Don't buy it unless you do alot of wiring and rewiring.

L

dzljet

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
The Tool pictured here show (2) of the same tool. I modified one of them(the one on the top) It does a much better job of extracting with the fingers bent inward.
Ahhh, I had seen Dieselgeek use one of these and later bought one from Carquest. I noticed he had bent fingers and I figured mine was either a older or newer version as mine were straight, did the "mod" after some fudging around.
I agree T, they work much better.
Should of known D'Geek had modified his, DUH!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
i found a trick that I've gotten to reliably work...

small jewler's flathead screwdriver.

about as wide as the space to get in to release the pins.

how I do it:
PUSH the wire in (after removing any slide locks)
With wire pushed in insert flat side of the screwdriver parrallel with the jaws of the wire itself (long ways in slot) then rotate the screwdriver 90º and pull on the wire...
Hold tension on the wire and do the same for the other side... wire just pops right out...

don't pull very hard (even the super well sealed wires come out with only a moderate amount of force) or you run the risk of breaking it.

I haven't tried this with the smallest wires (ground wire in the central lock module for the hood switch for example).

just an fyi - I still intend to get one of these tools but car-quest isn't on my way to anywhere . . . .