Common Rail Timing Belt Protector

Biggu

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW PANA/ NAV
Not sure why you are speaking on another vendors behalf................. but I have them in stock and they will be available on fixmyvw.com by next week. We have both standard and Fluidampr compatible versions.
good to know, ill get one once they are available.. unless you have them now.

I would want the Fluidampr compatible one, I don't have a Fluidampr now but I will in the future.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
I feel sad for Andrew, because this looked like a neat idea. I've never had a belt break, but did see evidence of it when working on the '06 Jetta I bought last month. Parts of the belt were in behind the timing belt cover, but the last recorded timing belt change was along with a new head 84k miles prior. So was the belt past due for replacement when it went out? I have no idea. It is the same argument if insurance for anything is worth it. It doesn't seem like it until you've used it or didn't have it.

I really do think it is a great idea and commend Andrew for coming up with a possible solution to this and other haunting problems!

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
I feel sad for Andrew, because this looked like a neat idea. I've never had a belt break, but did see evidence of it when working on the '06 Jetta I bought last month. Parts of the belt were in behind the timing belt cover, but the last recorded timing belt change was along with a new head 84k miles prior. So was the belt past due for replacement when it went out? I have no idea. It is the same argument if insurance for anything is worth it. It doesn't seem like it until you've used it or didn't have it.
I really do think it is a great idea and commend Andrew for coming up with a possible solution to this and other haunting problems!
No, no!!!!
Don't feel sad at all!!! But thank you sir for the comments!!!
The Timing Belt Protection plates are back and will be exclusively sold by Fix My VW.com and Buzzken.
Contact them directly and look for them shortly on their websites!!!
Thanks!!!
Andrew

WalkingDrunken

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE
They are back in production and looking really really awesome too! Andrew told me this was a limited production and a few more might still be available from Andrew at Fixmyvw.com.

Here's a picture of all the parts I just installed last weekend. You can take a look at the Black anodized timing belt protector that fits a Fluidampr. The raw finished one next to it fits the OEM pulley.

Note: Andrew (2Micron) Told me the black one is a special edition. He makes the raw ones to fit OEM pulley and Fluidampr pulley.

Last edited:

INA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2.5 TDI
No, no!!!!
Don't feel sad at all!!! But thank you sir for the comments!!!
The Timing Belt Protection plates are back and will be exclusively sold by Fix My VW.com and Buzzken.
Contact them directly and look for them shortly on their websites!!!
Thanks!!!
Andrew
Great news Andrew!
I will contact Ken today.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
installed my cover plate today with a timing belt change. bought it last spring but work gave me transfer papers before I could install then. love the quality workmanship Andrew put into these, and the research he did to design them. thank you.