Pyrometer & Boost Gauge sensor locations

Jet-01

I am thinking of adding a boost gauge (autometer seems to be the choice) and a pyrometer to my 01 Jetta. The pyrometer should give me a better idea of what's going on in the cylinders (better than the water temp).

Is there a location on the exhaust manifold (plug maybe) that I can tap a sensor into for the pyrometer?

As for the boost gauge sensor location, it appears that this is covered in another post.

What's with the warning from autometer about the airbags in the 01s? I thought they were back in the seat area....correct me here if I'm wrong.

lazlongski

Veteran Member
The warning might be about the airbags in the windshield pillar. This has been a favorite place to mount additional gauges in older cars but may not be the best idea on the newer cars so equiped.Like my 2001 Jetta.

Also there are air bags that come out of the sides of the front seats, if I'm correct.

For the first time in my life I make sure to buckle up first before I start the car. The concept of being a ping pong ball when all those bags go off is a little daunting.

Alan

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: lazlongski ]