What are you MKV guys getting with DSG ??

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
My wifes 06 is not getting what I would think it should . AC on she seems to be getting approx. 33 MPG's . It only has 11.500 miles on it mabe needs to be broke in a bit more .

I'm just spoiled with my MK4 :D

stc

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta DSG, 2003 NB 5-speed
I'm now averaging 43-44 on my commute. It has a bit of stop lights, some i guess it can be described as combined cycle..22K on the clock

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
I should also add that I rarely exceed 65 mph indicated on the highway. I avoid using the brakes as much as possible too. Going above 70 really reduces fuel economy. The slower you go, the higher your mpgs.

Jester

Veteran Member
TDI
My figures:
Me in 50/50 city/hwy: 37-42
Me Hwy: 41-46
My wife regardless of when/where: 33-37

Driving style is the biggest part of MPG.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
I think its all in the way she drives , see how fast she can get to speed limit .

I ask her if she wanted a screen name ,and she said sure it could be - " Idon'tcare ". :p

invader

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Only had mine for about a month now.

First tank got 35. Was driving it hard for the first week or so since it was new to me and was trying to see what it's got. I also live in a hilly area, (Santa Cruz Mountains).

Second tank got 37. After the second tank, I finally remembered to check the tire pressure. Found all four tires at 30 psi.:eek: Topped them off at 40 psi and I'm still working on the third tank.

Also just loaded KermaTDI's stage 1 tune so we will see what that does to mileage. I am thinking if I keep my foot out of it,(LOL), it should increase the mileage.

These things get such good mileage it takes me a long time to check the mileage.:p

dufusmaximus

TDI
Golf
Has anyone checked mileage while driving city only? From reading through the posts I get the feeling that most DSG's will get about 40 mpg(imperial) ie about 33 US mpg during city driving only. I am thinking about getting an '05 Golf TDI with DSG. I'm wondering what it would get in city only while driven as a DSG, not pure automatic mode(yes, actually shifting!) Anyone have any experience with this?

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
What is city driving

10 stops per mile - 20 stops per mile
15 mph top speed 25 - 35 etc.

It really depends on your car - fuel - you - location - time of year - moon phase
:)

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
My wifes get 41 mpg every tank..Local..first tank was 38 mpg and then the rest have been 40+..

It does have to do with the driver..MOST wifes haul...