2010 jsw no start after dpf delete and ecu tune

crassell

TDI
2005 Passat wagon TDI stick
i have a 2010 jsw that i just deleted the dpf, flapper valve and egr. Had the ecu sent out and flashed. after reinstalling in the car i have crank but no start condition. a warning message comes up saying no oil pressure while cranking. cooling fan comes on ans message says no coolant.
i have a vag com but not an expert at using it.
im looking for ideas on what to check for fixing this

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Who did the ecu tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crassell

TDI
Malone did the tune. Im getting **no response from controller** when i try and access engine module. Airbag and abs are accessible. Checked all fuses. Just trying to check everything car side before i send ecu back to be checked.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like ecu is fried somehow :-(

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
We'd look after it, haven't been contacted about this though and it's been a few months? Could have been tuned through the diagnostic port as well

Not sure what the deal is here, but you're welcome to contact us at info@malonetuning.com if you'd like it looked after.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Could just be a loose connection to the ecu too.

crassell

TDI
I've been trying to send him a shipping label since July 10th.

At munks motors now, should be an easy fix.

when i sent it to you for programming you had it for almost a month.
why would i send it back to be checked when you assured me it was working when it left.
i would be out international shipping cost and another nearly a month with out it, only for you to say its working.

i dropped it off at Munks to test car side for problems. (over a month ago:mad:)

should be an easy fix? :confused:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
If you paid to have the ECU tuned, regardless of how long it took to get done the first time, and the car immediately didn't start after you put the tuned ECU back into it, Why would you NOT give the company a chance to make it right, It sure sounds like Malone has been trying to please you, their customer...

Now you have taken the car to an outside shop, and at least it sounds like Munks is a known entity to Malone so perhaps Munks and Malone can work together to get the customers car back on the road.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
I hope they can get it fixed. Malone hasn’t even disappoint me with 2 cars and soon 3rd car.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
We ship nearly every ECU that arrives in under 24 hours and yours was no exception. You shipped it slowly, said it was in the mail june 7th but didn't provide a tracking # and later the 25th it arrived. It had comm via obd, shipped out the 26th and arrived july 1st.

October 7th you asked me to contact Munks and I did same day. We have no control over another shop, had you been willing to print off a shipping label and pop by fedex or have them pick it up this would've been resolved months ago.

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
What's the benefit of shipping the ecu out anyways? The cost of the obd2 tuner is more than made up for by the convenience and flexibility provided.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I shipped an ecu over to the U.K. years ago and it got hung up in customs for a couple of weeks. It's a pain sometimes. The handheld obd port loaders are a godsend.

crassell

TDI
Munks got the car to start after receiving a file from Malone that they loaded in the bricked ecu.
Hopefully its fixed now

crassell

TDI
Malone has covered some of the labor bill with Munk's, and didnt charge me for the file they sent that started the car.
Now i have check engine light and flashing glow plug light.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Malone has covered some of the labor bill with Munk's, and didnt charge me for the file they sent that started the car.
Now i have check engine light and flashing glow plug light.
Can't wait to hear what that's all about!:rolleyes::eek: dtc codes?:confused:

Last edited:

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Sure malone guys can resolve it for you well now at the shop it looks like. I have had nothing but positive remarks for these guys. on a side note I sort of feel sorry for vendors and not only on here. Having to babysit forums for happy and pissed off customers all of the time. Yeah it generates revenue but geez. Good luck with all of that.

crassell

TDI
P0544 sensor for exhaust temp bank 1
And p0684 glow plug control module.
Glow plugs definitely not working.
No light when key on, long crank and plenty of smoke after it starts

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf Tdi manual transmission. Wife's car a 2014 toured v6 Tdi
My Malone tune is awesome 2013 JSW. Might be deleted