2009 Jetta Ipod Dock?

PissedJettaOwner

TDI
I have an 09 Jetta with an Ipod dock in my center console and it such a pain, I have no Aux Cord or any other way to stream music. I really want to just find an adapter that can connect to the dock and that will allow me to use my Iphone 5 and stream music via Pandora or just even my itunes library. Right now I have a radio transmitter but the quality is horrible and it is such a pain when driving on a road trip. Before I spend $70 on an adapter and take apart my head unit and rewire anything I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to this. I found these two options on amazon with mixed reviews, has anyone had any luck with either?

http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Connect-Mobile-iPhone-Touareg/dp/B007VWEEQQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00545WG4O/ref=ox_sc_act_image_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AAU8KYZ5YWUUK

Tim$2

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW
Check the link in my signature for what I put in my wifes Jetta. I also put a similar but newer version in my A4 that has bt handsfree and streaming.

path23dv

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
I too was pissed with the useless Ipod dock in the console, the aux input would have been cheaper and more useful. Anyway, I added an aux input by tapping into the SAT radio audio cables behind the radio. I ran wires to and aux socket that I mounted in one of the blank switches in front of the 12 volt socket. I think I bought the original VW aux socket on ebay, maybe $20. I then purchased a Belkin Bluetooth hands free device(about $40). It plugs into the newly installed aux port and the 12 volt socket. The actual device mounted to the left of the radio. It worked great for streaming Pandora from my iphone and sending/receiving calls. Only negative was the radio had to be tuned to SAT, but really no big deal. I'll look for a picture as I've recently sold the car.

diddyontdi

TDI
Jetta
Where the heck did you end up pluging this in on your 09 Jetta? I cannot find the port for the life of me.

Tim$2

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW
Where the heck did you end up pluging this in on your 09 Jetta? I cannot find the port for the life of me.
Depending on the head unit you have there should either be a spot on the back of the stereo for this plug or you may need an adapter on the wiring harness to make a plug for it.

gfich

TDI
2009 VW Jetta
I tried this 30 pin to Bluetooth converter. It DID NOT work. The stereo doesn't detect it, although it worked fine on a normal apple stereo charger. Has anyone found something like this that works? Just want to be able to play songs from phone on the stock radio (for less than a whole new radio could cost. This one could also do an aux cord (which would be ok too).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P72V1BJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

:confused:

gfich

TDI
2009 VW Jetta
I'd be interested in which cables are the sat audio cables if I could just attach a simple Aux In cord to them.