Cooling fans not cycling/three beeps???

ApriliaNut

Veteran Member
TDI
06 pkg 1 Jetta 191k w/Malone Stage 2
06 PD 222k ...just discovered Saturday [Thank you Ultra Gauge EM Plus!!!] high operating temp {222 deg] and found out fans aren't turning on. When I activate the A/C the smaller fan should turn on but it doesn't either.
Stupid dash temp gauge just stood @190 deg which is why I purchased, and highly recommend to others, my other monitoring tool. Cheap insurance and heads up device.

So my ? is about the triggering circuit. Is there a fuseable link or other electrical component that might be bad that one can direct me to? According to the owners manual there are two types of fuse boxes in the under hood area and I did not find any blown fuses there or in the box located @ the end of the dash when you open the drivers door. I did have my shop replace the auxiliary smaller cooling fan about 18 months ago as it was inop and everything worked as designed until now!

Also, [and probably not related?] I got three loud beeps outta the blue today during a short drive. I couldn't see any symbols on the dash that illuminated so I wonder what that's all about too! Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks and thanks for this forum!

Last edited:

ApriliaNut

Veteran Member
TDI
06 pkg 1 Jetta 191k w/Malone Stage 2
Well found out the reason for the cooling fans inop situation. Seems the mounting bracket for the block heater has broken and it moved forward during braking I suppose and hit one of the fan blades when fan was running causing one of the 10amp strip fuses to blow! That damn little fuse is $42.00!!!

The 3 beeps are a brake warning issue. RR caliper is leaking fluid b/c of rust issues [originally a Wisconsin car for the 1st 10 years of its life] and when the fluid diminishes to the amount necessary, it triggers the warning tone cycle and the "brake" light in the speedo flashes at you.