Need a device to block off the front grille in the Winter

Slurry Pumper

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
Hey all, I am looking for a device such as a tarp or something that will block off the front grille or portions of the front grille for my TDI. I am currently using the pipe insulation trick and it does help but it doesn't look good and I think I can do better with the heating up the engine if I had an actual product.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction here?

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Frost heater

Idparts sells them, they also have winter fronts for the grill

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
My experience has been the A4 tdi's really struggle to put out heat in winter. Even with radiator covers and Frostheaters. The B5.5 don't seem to be a problem but still like Frostheaters

MrRizzmeister

TDI
04 Pd Golf, 02 Tdi Jetta
I have a cardboard cut out that I put in front of my radiator every winter. I helps a lot. My temperatures used to drop when I would drive locally, it no longer does this after adding the cardboard cut out.

A frost heater would be a great addition as well to keep your engine warm overnight.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
You really only need to run the frost heater for 3 hours before you leave... it's a waste of energy to run it all night...

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
Veteran members posting questions in the for sale section? Some of you old timmers must really be on your last leg here lol