A little off-road pit stop during my past road trip....FULLY LOADED with a boat!!PICS

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I was moving all my stuff back home since I am done with school for the summer and decided:

A. I had to pee
B: I wanted a picture of my car towing my boat
C. OOOoooOOooo cool road I wonder whats down here......

Here is the result!

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
Nice Boston Whaler you have there. My grandfather had one that was even older than that. I so badly wanted to keep it after he died in 2003, but I just never had the money to store it anywhere or operate it. My grandmother sold it to someone who will probably use it for it's intended purpose (nice bass boat), but those pics bring back memories.

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
It must have been an 58,59 or 60 then because mine is a 1961 and 1958 was the first year they made them! I love that boat! I can do back flips on a wakeboard behind it, I've taken it 7 miles offshore fishing over chrismas break, and its a great booze cruise machine. On top of that I can go all day on a tank of gas that costs $12 to fill up.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Daammmnn that boat must be scary fast with that motor. I used to have a little MFG with 125hp, and used a 65hp engine cover to keep DNR happy with the data plate rating. The back end sat way down in the water with all the xtra weight.
Jeff

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
Nice Boston, beautiful scenery an what a way to fill that boat then with bicycles. I hope you tied down everything nicely on your journey? Those axles on those bikes can chip and crack the fiberglass...as well the the handle bars and pedals off the crank arms.

I agree, very nice boat!

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
Keven said:
It must have been an 58,59 or 60 then because mine is a 1961 and 1958 was the first year they made them! I love that boat! I can do back flips on a wakeboard behind it, I've taken it 7 miles offshore fishing over chrismas break, and its a great booze cruise machine. On top of that I can go all day on a tank of gas that costs $12 to fill up.
His was probably around the same year as yours, but it had wood side rails and bench seats. He had it outfitted with a 25hp Johnson 2-stroke outboard, and that was plenty fast enough. You're 40hp outboard must be bumping right up against the max hp rating of the data plate - 40 horse max if I remember correctly. 40hp on a rig that doesn't draw much draft with that hull design must be a blast to wakeboard behind.

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Originally it had the wood seats but they were getting a little rough so we replaced them with starboard. And yeah it does move pretty good with the 40! The hitch is a curt hitch....highly recommended!

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I'm sorry to hear that! I guess we need someone to run the fast food drive through's, and for that I am thankful for you WVU alumnus!

Just kidding!

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
Hey! University of South Floria License plate! I'm going to school down there next fall, where were these photos taken then?

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
The only thing I could find down the road was some downed trees, some abandoned tile and alot of barbed wire fence.

And the pics were taken on my way home from USF to my hometown in Jupiter. Ill be back up there in the Fall getting credits towards my CPA license/ starting a masters degree. Goooooo Bulls!!!!

Also, I averaged 30 mpg that trip fully loaded

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
Keven said:
The only thing I could find down the road was some downed trees, some abandoned tile and alot of barbed wire fence.

And the pics were taken on my way home from USF to my hometown in Jupiter. Ill be back up there in the Fall getting credits towards my CPA license/ starting a masters degree. Goooooo Bulls!!!!

Also, I averaged 30 mpg that trip fully loaded
Rock on! I'm starting my master's there in the fall as well. Isn't Jupiter near Jacksonville? I used to live in Jacksonville too.

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Mmmmmm not really...close to West Palm Beach ish. What are you getting a degree in?

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
Keven said:
Mmmmmm not really...close to West Palm Beach ish. What are you getting a degree in?
Wait I was thinking Neptune Beach...Pluto? Naw, downgraded, no longer a beach.

I'm getting a master's Certificate in Secondary Education Social Studies and also working on a Master's Degree in History...and still trying to study french on the side.