dillblocks

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i don't really plan to update this thread at all, but just to demonstrate the power of the dillblox :D

since i had to fix some wiring in my brothers car i figured it was time to relay the headlights, fogs, and clean up some factory mess. and i had some stuff from my previous wiring ventures that i had never got around to working on.

so i removed the coolant gp box and snipped those wires to put different ends on. i like to run the passenger headlight/etc wires up along the top of the front instead of splitting them and having them run under the window cowling. shaved off the edges of my dillblox and cut a couple edges off with the razor on the factory gp box. perfect fit!

end result is this (not fully done, but you get the picture)

omron relays from mouser.

1 40 amp relay for coolant gp 2/3, 1 40 amp relay for coolant gp 1, 1 40 amp relay for high beams, 3 micro relays (15 amp continuous) for lows, fogs, and lift pump. then fuses for 3 plugs, lift pump, 2 lo, 2 hi, 2 fog

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
the awesome part about the micro-relay/fuse blocks is they take basic junior power terminal connectors, with no special l locking bits so those are super easy. one dillblox that is essentially the footprint of your standard relay can fit 8 mini fuses, or 4 micro relays, they fit the same pattern so you can mix and match :)

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
i will update with some pics with it in the car, once the rain lets up :) but it's looking nice

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
pic of it semi-finished, amongst fmic install. just sitting there. wire bundles of course will not be all over the place as shown in the pic...

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
pic of it semi-finished, amongst fmic install. just sitting there. wire bundles of course will not be all over the place as shown in the pic...

That looks good. I was wanting to put my headlights on relay as well. I have to admit I do not know what the factory GP box looks like to compare. Did you have to modify the plastic bits inside to mount the new relays? would be nice to know a bit more details. :)

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
i'll take some pics of the factory coolant GP relay box later. i just had to shave off some ridges in it with a razor, and sanded down some of the outer edges of the dillblox and it is a perfect fit.

mcneil

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 4dr, 2001 Jetta TDI, Jeep TDI project
If you figured out how to use these to clean up the 7 pin glow plug relay you'd be my hero.

My GP relay is just ziptied down with spade connectors on each terminal.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
you should be able to pop in a relay base into that extra slot and with a few of the right TE connectors, make it all whole and in that box rather than the GP relay up in the window cowling. i might have what you need. since i have my wiring stuff out i'll check it out if you're interested send me a pm

A-man930

Veteran Member
TDI
Planning Stages: ALH Jeep MJ
Are you using any weather seal on the underside of the block? And where did you purchase your dillblox?

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
thanks justin! this will be nicer than a strapped down ziploc cover. on the bottom side i just want to leave it open, let any moisture drain out... but i do have part of a cut-up grommet in there to keep wires from chafing