www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > New Beetle TDI Picture Gallery

New Beetle TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a New Beetle TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old May 10th, 2009, 11:32   #1
Surferchick2
Veteran Member

Default Orange Beetle found a new home with me...

This is my 2003 Beetle GLS TDI due to be picked up some time next week. After doing some research on beetle diesels, I chose this year for it's compatibility with biodiesel. I'll be keeping my honda crv for snow days, ski trips and light hauling, but the NB will my fun car (so I needed a manual!) and for my 3 hr commute to and from seattle. It has a trailer hitch, but not sure what it can even pull?? I originally wanted isotope, but I don't believe they made that color as a TDI in the US. I'm still happy to have found a fun color, since our other two cars are silver. DH said he'd even drive an orange car. Sorry for the lame photos, they were taken from my phone.

Last edited by Surferchick2; May 10th, 2009 at 12:12.
Surferchick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:37   #2
whitedog
Veteran Member

LOL! It's funny how cars will follow you home.

Will you be showing it off at the Lake Stevens GTG later this month?
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:47   #3
nicklockard
Torque Dorque

Fuel Economy: No data yet.

You're also lucky to have a few club members nearby on Whidbey Isle. I like the orange too.
nicklockard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 20:05   #4
Keli_OR
Veteran Member

Ooooh!
She's very pretty.

My beetle is silver and a '98. And she needs a lot of love.
I hope to be driving her up to the GTG on 5/30.
Will you be there?

Keli
Black '15 Golf Sportwagen SE "Ms.Noir"
Keli_OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 20:37   #5
lrpavlo
Veteran Member

Never knew TDI's came in that color!!! Sweet!

You might be surprised how much snow you can go though with a good set of snows and a "Lift kit"
Old May 10th, 2009, 22:06   #6
Farfromovin
Torque Addict

Fuel Economy: low: 35 high: 56 avg: 42.0

Fun car. I drove my Golf all over the place this last winter. Just need decent tires. If you want someone to work on that paint for you , let me know (Looks like the previous owner or dealership had a hack detailer work on it). With the hitch you could get a hitch mounted bike/ski rack I suppose if you wanted to get some better mileage going to Baker or Stevens this winter... If you ever go to Stevens, you'll probably see me on hwy 2 sooner or later.

[/old setup]212whp/354 ft-lbs14.862@96.677-Way faster than Chris [/new setup] At least 213whp, and way way faster than Chris.

Last edited by Farfromovin; May 10th, 2009 at 22:10.
Farfromovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 00:07   #7
Surferchick2
Veteran Member

Yeah, I'm pretty excited....I haven't had a car that I've really enjoyed driving in years. I like the CRV, but hey...a bit too practical. So these go in the snow pretty well? The GLI had some issues this last winter and freaked me out at times. What tires do you suggest? I know the ones on the beetle are practically new, but can't remember what they are.

I hope to make the gtg on the 30th. If I have to work early the next day, I may have to fly out on Sat, but I'll do what I can not to. I'd really like to have it checked out since we have no experts up here (that I know of)and the tb/wp was done about 5000 miles ago by a shop that no one seems to be familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfromovin
If you want someone to work on that paint for you , let me know (Looks like the previous owner or dealership had a hack detailer work on it).
Honestly, I'm not sure if they've really done anything with it lately. Do you do detailing? Thanks, I may have to take you up on that offer. There are also some ad stickers on the trunk that need to be peeled off.
Old May 11th, 2009, 17:22   #8
Farfromovin
Torque Addict

Fuel Economy: low: 35 high: 56 avg: 42.0

Any dedicated snow tire will make the bug go like stink in the nasty ice/snow like we had this winter. I'm in the Navy (explains the Oak Harbor location) but I'm originally from Eugene, OR. This is the first car I've ever had snow tires on and during the whiteout '08 it was like night and day. I fear no roads as long as the snow is less than about a foot or so.

I am an avid auto detailer and usually just work on friends/families cars but I wouldn't mind cleaning up another VW though...

[/old setup]212whp/354 ft-lbs14.862@96.677-Way faster than Chris [/new setup] At least 213whp, and way way faster than Chris.

Last edited by Farfromovin; May 11th, 2009 at 17:25.
Farfromovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:50   #9
bigsexyTDI
Veteran Member

Ooooh, I've NEVER seen an Orange TDI....

Good Find!
bigsexyTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:26   #10
Surferchick2
Veteran Member

OK, finally picked it up. What a fun car to drive! A couple of things I need to do is replace the emblems because they're faded and not sure if I should do blue/white, blue/chrome, black/chrome or black. I would like to add *tdi* on it and wondered if there's a green and silver one. Such crucial decisions to make...lol. Also I'm thinking of replacing one of the headlights since it's a bit clouded, but the retail prices on those are outrageous. It's not a big problem yet anyway.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 19:02   #11
nicklockard
Torque Dorque

Fuel Economy: No data yet.

The headlight lenses are plastic and can be polished with $2 worth of stuff from the dollar store:

Go buy a microfiber towel and a tube of plain white tooth paste. Spread liberally and rub hard with the microfiber towel until your arms ache. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Inspect. Sometimes there is a layer of fine silt/dust that accumulates on the inside of the lenses though
nicklockard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:15   #12
SEABEECM1
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2001 BEETLE

I had no idea they made a orange TDI . Now i will be on the look out .
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:25   #13
Surferchick2
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklockard
The headlight lenses are plastic and can be polished with $2 worth of stuff from the dollar store:
Go buy a microfiber towel and a tube of plain white tooth paste. Spread liberally and rub hard with the microfiber towel until your arms ache. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Inspect. Sometimes there is a layer of fine silt/dust that accumulates on the inside of the lenses though
I'll try that. Thanks. The people I bought it from had some solution they used on it that helped but it still dims the light a bit. I did notice the seals around the lens is broken, so maybe it is on the inside.

Seebee.. There's one on eBay but they want like 13400 for it. I didn't pay anything near that and it doesn't even have heated seats. Yikes.

Last edited by Surferchick2; May 26th, 2009 at 09:37.
Old June 5th, 2009, 23:19   #14
Joansay

TDI(s): 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrpavlo
Never knew TDI's came in that color!!!
It's a stunning color. Reminds me of lipstick.
Joansay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:10   #15
chemist93

Fuel Economy: 35

It's a great color, better than plain yellow, which is what I've got.
chemist93 is offline   Reply With Quote