Radiator fan runs after shut off

oldchemist

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I have a 2011 Jetta tdi that even in cold weather (around freezing) the radiator fan occasionally keeps running after shut off. The temp Guage says 190 and never goes over that. When I get out of the car I get a faint smell of hot rubber. Nothing ov r whelming. I have about 113,000miles. Anybody had this issue before and what the cause was? I don't recall ever having this burnt rubber smell before. Could it be fan belt is old and slipping? It's the original one. Selling it back to VW in couple months but don't want to get stranded somewhere long way from home.....again

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
"regen" or "regeneration" are great search terms here... you'll find lots of good discussion on this oft-discussed topic. :)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Man, we have not had a "my fans keep running" thread here in a while. Might be the first I've seen this year!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
AH , CRAP, got home, checked this thread, i just posted a quick response with out reading, did it from my phone so, yea, total facepalm lol.