www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old August 15th, 2016, 21:54   #1
Electrodynamic
Veteran Member

Default '03 Jetta TDI before/after eyelids

Subtle change but I really like the way the eyelids make the car look. Purchased through eBay and were delivered within 5 days of purchase color matched for under $40 per set.

Before:

After:

Previous car:

Last edited by Electrodynamic; August 15th, 2016 at 22:05.
Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2016, 19:31   #2
Pika99

Default Front grill

I just purchased an 04 and the grill is the same without emblem. It that some sort of style or was it damaged and replaced?

Thanks!
Pika99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2016, 21:17   #3
Electrodynamic
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika99 View Post
I just purchased an 04 and the grill is the same without emblem. It that some sort of style or was it damaged and replaced?
Thanks!
What? I purchased the aftermarket grille because it was without any emblem.

Isn't this thread about the eyelids?

Previous car:
Old March 15th, 2017, 08:58   #4
red16vdub
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
What? I purchased the aftermarket grille because it was without any emblem.
Isn't this thread about the eyelids?
I got a badgeless grille sitting in my garage but i'm not a fan of how it looks, however I did installed a set of eyelids and IMO I like them.
17/56 turbo, RC ASV-5+ @ 28psi, 3 Bar Map, 11mm IP, PD Lift Pump, R520's, McNally boost/egt, Euro FIS full screen Cluster, PD 150 Intake/racepipe, PD 150 plastic T.I.P + R32 maf air mods, Kerma 2.5" Fmic, Kerma 3"T-B exhaust/resonator/ Aero turbine muffler, SBC stage 3 Endurance, GLi brakes F/R , GLi axles, H&R Bilstein sports cup kit.
red16vdub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 09:34   #5
bbarbulo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika99 View Post
Thanks!
That is a Kamei (style) grille. It is a look that many people like, but to do it right the hood needs to have the notch welded in and repainted.
Old March 29th, 2017, 20:51   #6
Electrodynamic
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarbulo View Post
That is a Kamei (style) grille. It is a look that many people like, but to do it right the hood needs to have the notch welded in and repainted.
^ The grille that I have is not a Kamei - I have a hexagon style grille that looks far better than the Kamei mesh grille. I know this because I have owned both grilles. My previous car (silver '03 Jetta TDI) had a Kamei grille and it looked pretty good but this hexagon grille looks 200% better.

I also agree about the notch in the hood being fixed. I think about that notch every time I look at the front of my car. I'm envious of people who have had the work done to remove the notch and have a flush bottom section of their hood.

Previous car:
Old March 29th, 2017, 22:59   #7
bbarbulo
Veteran Member

that's why I said Kamei 'style'; a knock-off
Old March 30th, 2017, 21:07   #8
Electrodynamic
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarbulo View Post

that's why I said Kamei 'style'; a knock-off
Whether it's a knock off or not - note for the Kamei aftermarket grille owners: The red part of the badge fades within three or four months. Sorry for the spoiler alert.

Previous car: