www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old January 17th, 2016, 22:34   #1
Circuit
Veteran Member

Default Circuit's MK5 Jetta

Hi everyone! I haven't posted much on here, but have done a ton of reading and of course keeping up with "Threadzilla."

I thought I'd introduce myself and start a little build thread for my Jetta to keep track of all the changes.

My name is Chris and I live in the SF bay area. Engineer by training and IT Admin by trade and a through and through car guy! I bought my MK5 in 2013 as I was looking for a new daily driver for my then 80-mile round trip commute.

You can follow me on instagram @chris_mtechnica (www.instagram.com/chris_mtechnica) - Yes I work with MemoryFab and MTechnica, so if you have wheel questions, please let me know!

With my Jetta as the daily, I went full speed into building my Protege5 "show car." I just sold it yesterday, so now I can start to scratch the itch of modding the Jetta (although not extensively).
If you would like to read more about my Protege, here's the build thread for the last few years: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...-03-5-Protege5

So on to the Jetta. Its a 2010 that I bought bone stock with 67k miles. Its now at 126k miles and recently had the timing belt, water pump, etc. done by Matt-98AHU (who I found on here, thanks for that!!).
It stayed basically stock for 2 years save for Hella projectors with TRS HID's and a replacement RCD-510 since mine died. I recently installed ST XTA coilovers and have been restoring a set of Volk Racing LE37's to TE37 livery. Should have that all dialed in soon.

On to some photos!

Stock and stock!

Picked up the LE37s and got some free bread with the deal. Some bends and rash but nothing my friends at MemoryFab can't take care of.

After bend and rash repair

Last edited by Circuit; January 18th, 2016 at 14:45.
Circuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2016, 22:35   #2
Circuit
Veteran Member

Gold powder coat, new Rays valve stems, decals, Mevius lug bolts, and flat Rays center caps

Test fit today! A little camber to clear the fenders with suspension compression and I should be good to go.

Old January 17th, 2016, 22:41   #3
Circuit
Veteran Member

As a side note, the HYDE16 review of the ST XTA coilover helped immensely with my decision to purchase and with the install: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2231718

It did leave one thing out though. Since he used adjustable Whiteline endlinks, he did not detail the issue with the ST endlinks. They require a super thin wrench to tighten. I made a little Youtube video to help with that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZOSAvHtwk
Old January 20th, 2016, 16:03   #4
BlankThis
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: suck, squeeze, bang, smoke

T37s... Worth more than my car haha! Nice light wheels man.
[360k] - | GT1749VB | DLC764s | Southbend Stage 3 daily (soon) | WIX 24770 + CAT 1R7050 | DG Sigma 5 | 25th anni. e-codes | W8 console | NewSouth boost gauge | Koni Yellows/SRT.Ts w/ Neuspeed Sport springs | 1.8T pancake (soon) | PD150 intake w/ racepipe (soon) |
BlankThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 16:45   #5
Circuit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankThis View Post
T37s... Worth more than my car haha! Nice light wheels man.
Thanks! I got them for a ridiculous deal from craigslist. Even after refinishing and powder coating I'm into them for less than half the retail cost.
Old January 23rd, 2016, 06:03   #6
Robski92

Fuel Economy: 45 MPG

The Jetta looks great on the Volks!
Robski92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2016, 11:17   #7
Circuit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robski92 View Post
The Jetta looks great on the Volks!
Thanks!

Ordered a VAGCOM and will be doing OEM fogs pretty soon
Old February 2nd, 2016, 10:35   #8
Countryboy07
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '02 Jetta

That looks amazing!
Old February 3rd, 2016, 08:42   #9
maken03
Veteran Member

The cars looks dope, keep it up!
maken03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 08:58   #10
Paulinski
Veteran Member

Very nice Jetta sir.
Old February 8th, 2016, 17:03   #11
Circuit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy07 View Post
That looks amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maken03 View Post
The cars looks dope, keep it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinski View Post
Very nice Jetta sir.
Thanks guys!

I got the OEM fogs installed this weekend and also got the Rays flat center caps on.

I also picked up a set of Work Termist S1C in 18x7.5 +46 since the Volks rub too much at the height I'm at. Will be drilling them out for wobble bolts and putting the Volks up for sale.

Old March 8th, 2016, 13:49   #12
Circuit
Veteran Member

Got the Works mounted up this past weekend. Fitment with the 225/40's is way better. Lowered the rear all the way down with the collars to get rid of most of the rake. I also used the trimbrite blackout vinyl to black out the window trims like on the GLI.
Pretty happy with how its coming along. Next is a Votex front lip, GLI skirts, and some rear apron.
Went over the lips with some Blue Magic polish

Test fit after drilling for wobble bolts

All mounted up!

Old March 22nd, 2016, 10:54   #13
Circuit
Veteran Member

Playing with some tire decals from TireStickers.com

Old March 22nd, 2016, 15:52   #14
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Nice so far. I think it really needs some colour-coded GLI skirts to set off the side profile of the car.
Nice collection of wheels so far :-)

Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, 340hp 625nm Built and mapped by Bobby Singh , THS IC, Revo/Forge Custom Intake, Mocal Oil Cooler, 3 Eurojet TBE, AKS Quickshifter, Recaro Pole Positions, Schroth 4 point harnesses, Rear seat removal, R bumper, Carbon Fibre GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, AM DB9 front brakes, Audi S3 rears, Polar FIS, Hertz Audio
xjay1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2016, 16:07   #15
Circuit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjay1337 View Post
Nice so far. I think it really needs some colour-coded GLI skirts to set off the side profile of the car.
Nice collection of wheels so far :-)
Agree 100% on the GLI skirts. Those, a Votex (rep unfortunately) front lip, and possibly GLI rear apron are next on my list.