Urgent. Adblue warning. On long drive through mountains

pacific

TDI
2010 Touareg
My wife is driving to Vancouver from Edmonton and is about 6 hours out of Kamloops. Before she left she topped up the adblue but near Jasper the warning light came on indicating 750 km remaining. She again topped up in Jasper but the tank was still full.

She will be staying over in Kamloops.

Holiday Monday so VW is closed.

Is there anyone that can help Monday morning to reset warning.

2010 Touareg

pacific

TDI
2010 Touareg
She tried resetting with Key in on position for 30 seconds. No dice. Hopefully the sensors wake up.

pacific

TDI
2010 Touareg
Update.

First guy did not fill all the way. Either did second guy.
FYI. It is tricky to fill as jug stops Glugging unless nozzle is in correctly.

My wife was persistent and did it herself.

Onwards to Saltspring

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
doing it yourself, I guess there has to be some angling to get it to glug glug correctly.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/vw-touareg-tdi-dpf-audi-q7.htm

myturbodiesel said:
The Adblue filler cap is removed with the spare tire lug wrench. Below right is a .pdf pamphlet describing how to add it. This adds fluid directly to the main active tank. As you add fluid, the overflow drips down to the lower passive tank while air burps up through a breather line. The dealer uses a special tool VAS6542 (VAS 6542) to quickly burp air out and fill the whole tank quickly, you can just add them by the bottle. You can also use an old bottle as a funnel if you buy a big jug of fluid. If you park uphill it will burp the air faster (thanks for the tip Dutch van Atlanta!)