www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old February 24th, 2017, 07:07   #1
Mikeyrad

TDI(s): MK5 jetta
Default New to me MK5 Jetta TDI....Big step coming from Subaru

Greetings all. I've been a long time Subaru nutcase and finally need a commuter car for my weekly 300+ mile commute to Boston from midcoast Maine. Looks like a MK5 TDI is my best bet and many friends have been trying to get me to take the plunge. I am hopefully purchasing this beauty mid-March.
188k. Unknown service records. Guy inherited it from his dad who passed away. Spent all of its life in Maryland and southern PA so the underside is CLEAN compared to all new England cars. Taking it for timing belt service the day I get it. Hoping it's going to be a good buy.
Mikeyrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2017, 07:10   #2
Mikeyrad

Old February 24th, 2017, 07:12   #3
Mikeyrad

Old February 24th, 2017, 07:45   #4
chz17
Veteran Member

Welcome to forum. It's a beautiful car. If you don't have service history at the car. Better inspection the camshaft and lifters condition before replace timing belt and other components and if you found out need replacing cam and lifters you may do it with timing belt at same time.
chz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2017, 10:05   #5
h4vok
Veteran Member

I also switched from subaru recently I had a 2003 forester. It was in a crash too bad it was a good car.
Nice lookin car though. Really like the red.
h4vok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2017, 10:42   #6
Mikeyrad

Thanks for the info. There is a guy who is on the trusted list of techs not to far from me. I'll bring it to him and have him go thru it. I want it to last a long time so I'm going to take very good care of it
Old February 26th, 2017, 15:15   #7
Mikeyrad

So the guy on the trusted list of tech apparently has alot of anger towards TDis these days and no longer works on them.