www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old February 19th, 2019, 13:45   #1
benmarks
Veteran Member
Default Different Black Interior Fabrics?

I had converted my TDI Jetta to an all-GLI interior. However, the headliner started to sag. I found what I thought was another black GLI headliner on eBay the other day (brand new in the box!) but now that I have received it, it does not match what I have. My current interior is a felt-like fabric but this new one is slightly lighter and smoother and with a noticeably different thread patter. it is still black, it just doesn't match. Were there multiple MK4 black fabrics?
2004 Jetta TDI: VNT17, PowerPlus 1043 injectors, DieselKen exhaust, VXTuning HID's, Exor wheels, GLI interior, Roadwire leather, Bilstein Sports, 20th/337 brakes, MK5 antenna, illuminated shifter, ColorMFA Euro cluster, Malone stage 4, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming mirror
benmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 19:21   #2
benmarks
Veteran Member

I spent a couple hours looking into this. Apparently, there are two anthracite headliner part numbers. These are for a car with a sunroof: 1J5867501BH54A and 1J5867501BHDD9
There are also two anthracite part numbers for the A pillars. Here is the left side: 1J0867351B54A and 1J0867351BDD9
There are also two anthracite part numbers for the B pillars. Here is the left side: 1J5868417D54A and 1J5868417DDD9
There are also two anthracite part numbers for the console cover: 1J0877829A54A and 1J0877829BDD9

However, I could not locate any "DD9" part numbers for the C pillars, door seals or sliding sunroof cover. This makes it impossible to acquire a matching set. That can't be right, can it?

The colors are different enough that you would definitely notice mismatched pieces of the interior.

Does anyone have any additional insight, especially regarding the C pillars, door seals and sliding sunroof cover?
2004 Jetta TDI: VNT17, PowerPlus 1043 injectors, DieselKen exhaust, VXTuning HID's, Exor wheels, GLI interior, Roadwire leather, Bilstein Sports, 20th/337 brakes, MK5 antenna, illuminated shifter, ColorMFA Euro cluster, Malone stage 4, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming mirror
Old February 19th, 2019, 21:04   #3
STDOUBT
Veteran Member

My interior is black. That is, everything from the windows down, all black. The fabric is kinda smooth, silky type, not flannel-ish or velvety. Above the windows, though, the pillars and headliner are all light grey..and I guess a little flannel-y. The original owner (I'm 2nd) must have picked out the colors. It looks natural IMO. I think if the pillars and head were all black too it would seem way too dark inside. Maybe look into changing yours up!
Old February 20th, 2019, 04:58   #4
Nyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by STDOUBT View Post
My interior is black. That is, everything from the windows down, all black. The fabric is kinda smooth, silky type, not flannel-ish or velvety. Above the windows, though, the pillars and headliner are all light grey..and I guess a little flannel-y. The original owner (I'm 2nd) must have picked out the colors. It looks natural IMO. I think if the pillars and head were all black too it would seem way too dark inside. Maybe look into changing yours up!
Mine is the same, all black from the windows down with gray pillars and headliner.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9gq8moW

As you can see I need to replace the headliner. I've been pondering what color to redo it in and, like you, came to the conclusion that black would just make the interior seem too dark.

Still pondering what color to pick. Not a fan of the gray though.
Nyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:45   #5
RexNICO
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

You may need to ask this question to non-TDI MKIV owners.
Old February 20th, 2019, 10:43   #6
benmarks
Veteran Member

I posted the same question on Vortex but didn't get any replies.