Different Black Interior Fabrics?

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
I had converted my TDI Jetta to an all-GLI interior. However, the headliner started to sag. I found what I thought was another black GLI headliner on eBay the other day (brand new in the box!) but now that I have received it, it does not match what I have. My current interior is a felt-like fabric but this new one is slightly lighter and smoother and with a noticeably different thread patter. it is still black, it just doesn't match. Were there multiple MK4 black fabrics?

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
I spent a couple hours looking into this. Apparently, there are two anthracite headliner part numbers. These are for a car with a sunroof: 1J5867501BH54A and 1J5867501BHDD9
There are also two anthracite part numbers for the A pillars. Here is the left side: 1J0867351B54A and 1J0867351BDD9
There are also two anthracite part numbers for the B pillars. Here is the left side: 1J5868417D54A and 1J5868417DDD9
There are also two anthracite part numbers for the console cover: 1J0877829A54A and 1J0877829BDD9

However, I could not locate any "DD9" part numbers for the C pillars, door seals or sliding sunroof cover. This makes it impossible to acquire a matching set. That can't be right, can it?

The colors are different enough that you would definitely notice mismatched pieces of the interior.

Does anyone have any additional insight, especially regarding the C pillars, door seals and sliding sunroof cover?

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
My interior is black. That is, everything from the windows down, all black. The fabric is kinda smooth, silky type, not flannel-ish or velvety. Above the windows, though, the pillars and headliner are all light grey..and I guess a little flannel-y. The original owner (I'm 2nd) must have picked out the colors. It looks natural IMO. I think if the pillars and head were all black too it would seem way too dark inside. Maybe look into changing yours up!

Nyk

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
My interior is black. That is, everything from the windows down, all black. The fabric is kinda smooth, silky type, not flannel-ish or velvety. Above the windows, though, the pillars and headliner are all light grey..and I guess a little flannel-y. The original owner (I'm 2nd) must have picked out the colors. It looks natural IMO. I think if the pillars and head were all black too it would seem way too dark inside. Maybe look into changing yours up!
Mine is the same, all black from the windows down with gray pillars and headliner.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9gq8moW

As you can see I need to replace the headliner. I've been pondering what color to redo it in and, like you, came to the conclusion that black would just make the interior seem too dark.

Still pondering what color to pick. Not a fan of the gray though.