2005 Mk4 TDI Jetta ENGINE WONT SHUT OFF

joman100

TDI
2005 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Hey folks!
My 2005 BEW TDI starts and runs great, but around a month ago the car engine stopped turning off when I turn the key to the OFF position. The only way to kill the engine is to open and then close my door (i dont understand why). Also, if another door is open (for example, if the passenger opens their door before I close mine, the car won't shut off). I need to open at least one door, then have all doors close in order to shut off the engine. So far this isn't actually a problem for me, since I know how to kill the engine, but I would like to resolve this since I know it's not normal.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
So you've got two threads there man.. Pick one so we can reply to just one :)

That's a very weird issue... Has someone installed a remote start in it? Pull down the lower dash under the steering column, see if there's a bunch of spliced in wires. As far as I know, there's no coding in the CCM to do that... But I've also never looked.

Alchemist

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 ALH Golf
Based on what you have said, I don't have any suggestions, but I love electrical mysteries. I have a nice heated shop, manuals, electrical test equipment and curiosity.

Alberta is a big place, but if you are near me, let's get together and try to get to the bottom of this.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Al, you would have a field day with my Golf. Intermittent door ajar light, driver's door and this same door does not always open from the outside. Definitely cold weather related. VCDS auto scan was done in December.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Don't the PDs have an anti-shudder valve? Simply not functioning, doors have nothing to do with it, the simple "jarring" is allowing something else to move.

Interweb assumption it's not wiring.