www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old September 22nd, 2016, 11:20   #46
antonio2001

Default Works great

Amazing alternative, I just did it today with a door switch i took off a hunday from a junkyard, it indeed needs to be a 2 pin connection, spliced the wires to the connector and to the ground wire on the puddle light, and voila works great, even activates the dome lights and alarm. would have never thought of doing it that way. I changed my door module 7 times. it was enough. thanks again works amazing whoever wants to try it
antonio2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2016, 12:15   #47
JB05
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43/41/40

I just tested this on my Golf using a jumper wire from the paddle light harness to a ground under the consul cover and the dome lights turned on. The alarm would not set because the ECU knows that the front door is open. Wish I had found this thread a couple of weeks ago.
JB05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2016, 12:19   #48
JB05
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43/41/40

I just installed this "momentary" switch that I purchased from Ace Hardware. I also picked up a 16-22 AWG splicer there also to connect my ground to the puddle light brown wire. Female connectors on the switch, and I used the existing torx bolt shown above the OP's drilled bolt in the 8th pic for the ground connection. So far so good. The most difficult part was reconnecting the rubber boot by the door hinges which is not necessary if you pull the inner panel where the hood release is at and go through there.
JB05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 05:27   #49
Prmrtn

TDI(s): Golf mkIV

Kudos to Spooge1 for the brilliant idea on an alternative to the door latch micro switch replacement. He opened the door...so to speak... to several options, of which I think the magnetic switch is the best since it allows all the wiring to stay within the plastic door panel...
Along those lines, I had a micro switch laying around with a long metal flap actuator. I located it inside the panel at the front with the actuator protruding through a hold cut in the panel and slightly bent ("adjusted") to activate upon contact with the door jamb when the door closes... See attached pics. So easy with all the wiring just inside the door panel. (A magnetic switch would be a neater solution though, with the magnet attached to the jamb).
Prmrtn is offline   Reply With Quote