www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old February 11th, 2019, 18:54   #16
Yourbuddysatin
Veteran Member

If you are worried about limp mode, convert to mechanical and ditch all the electronics.
Yourbuddysatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 19:14   #17
[486]
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoaden View Post
Hi I am not trying to hijack someone's thread but I have a question about permanent removal of limp mode from my 2000 tdi engine as I am using it in a off road vehicle and please don't say Malone's I all but begged for a program and they said fix the problem again I am using this power train in a non standard off road vehicle thanks for any help you can give me
ALH is very easy to 'fix' by deleting codes from the computer's binary

get the $20 silver MPPS cable on ebay and 'find' winOLS software, get an account on ecuconnections forum and search the internal code numbers on there
There are some things that you can't eliminate from the harness like the N75 valve (or at least I haven't figured out how to eliminate them from the program)

What codes is it setting? (not 4 digit P0xxx codes, but the other 5 digit ones that the vag-com spits out)
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 08:39   #18
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: low 38, high 61, avg 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoaden View Post
Hi I am not trying to hijack someone's thread but I have a question about permanent removal of limp mode from my 2000 tdi engine as I am using it in a off road vehicle and please don't say Malone's I all but begged for a program and they said fix the problem again I am using this power train in a non standard off road vehicle thanks for any help you can give me
Like I said in our email exchange, it's setting an underboost code which is the reason it is going into limp mode.

You need to fix the problem with the setup that's causing it to underboost..
Old February 12th, 2019, 14:53   #19
jhax
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
ALH is very easy to 'fix' by deleting codes from the computer's binary

get the $20 silver MPPS cable on ebay and 'find' winOLS software, get an account on ecuconnections forum and search the internal code numbers on there
There are some things that you can't eliminate from the harness like the N75 valve (or at least I haven't figured out how to eliminate them from the program)

What codes is it setting? (not 4 digit P0xxx codes, but the other 5 digit ones that the vag-com spits out)

Are you referring to this one?
Why do you specify silver?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SMPS-MPPS-V...gAAOxyYYlRrvUQ
jhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 18:42   #20
[486]
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now

the blue one is vag-com, it can't edit anything meaningful
silver one is mpps, it can do anything you want, if you can figure it out in the binary

underboost codes can be removed easily, very common thing to do when going to wastegated turbos. Mine has the underboost and overboost codes removed and the SVBL set higher than the MAP sensor will read. Actually, still using the stock MAP sensor at 45 psi, because the fueling is all MAF controlled on mine.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 19:03   #21
Vince Waldon
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIJetta99 View Post
Like I said in our email exchange, it's setting an underboost code which is the reason it is going into limp mode.
You need to fix the problem with the setup that's causing it to underboost..

Yup.

It's going into limp mode to protect the engine and/or turbo from damage, because the ECU has lost control of the turbo. Worth solving!

Note: The above is to the best of my knowledge- but at the end of the day simply interweb opinion, worth EXACTLY what you paid for it, and if used done so at your own risk.
Vince Waldon is offline   Reply With Quote