NMS DPF delete for Off-Road Use Only

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
Update: While I wait for the "Fix" and my money from VW I am in the process of hardening the transmission for 235-240hp/470lbs torque we plan to achieve. I would love to go much higher but not in a FWD car.

1) New Flywheel & Bolts
2) New WaveTrac Limited Slip diff w/case clearance
3) Cadillac STS Trans Fluid Cooler
4) Thermostatic Switch, High Volume Oil Pump, An8 Fittings and Lines, and an aftermarket steel oil pan with AN fittings (works in conjunction with the OEM cooler)
5) New Clutch Pack, Bearins, Seals etc
6)Torco High Temp DSG fluid

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
dsg fluid should never get hot with the lack of a converter unless your frying the fibers like a dirtbike ;)

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
dsg fluid should never get hot with the lack of a converter unless your frying the fibers like a dirtbike ;)
I am open to suggestions and advice, that's why I posted my plans.

I am not a DSG expert, so with that said do you feel there is a better fluid option? I want the best fluid possible in there. My fluid maintenance schedule will be accelerated, probably by 1/2 the time if it is in any way beneficial.

I understand your dirt bike analogy well as I have 5 of them and hit the local motocross tracks every weekend. My main bike right now is a CRF450R that is built and put's out around 61hp, enough hp that I certainly have no need to fan the clutch so I do not eat up clutches like many others. I do not think it will be an issue in the car either.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
Right on, I have the new 450RX on order :D Best fluid in my mind (oil topics are like religion and politics) is the new Amsoil DSG fluid, but honestly the stock fluid is under $20 a quart and quite good. So, have you seen how the DSG works? The plates are slipped at idle up to about 10mph mimicking a converter! so, don't smash hard until above 10mph- the DSG tune will limit slips during shifts. Great video- and you will notice how close the DSG clutch is to a motorcycle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj1Vk7SE-TI

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
Right on, I have the new 450RX on order :D Best fluid in my mind (oil topics are like religion and politics) is the new Amsoil DSG fluid, but honestly the stock fluid is under $20 a quart and quite good. So, have you seen how the DSG works? The plates are slipped at idle up to about 10mph mimicking a converter! so, don't smash hard until above 10mph- the DSG tune will limit slips during shifts. Great video- and you will notice how close the DSG clutch is to a motorcycle
That's funny, I put a deposit on the 17 450R months ago. The first one HBHonda gets is mine :cool:

Thanks for the video it was very educational :)

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
Update: I got my car back yesterday. The transmission work is nearly complete. All the hardware work is done, the trans tune is done (we overwrote the preexisting Malone DSG tune as it was far too limiting) but we will revisit trans tune for some fine tuning/tweaking as/if needed when we get the power/torque elevated. We also put a 1.5"x8" louver in the drivers side inner fender cover to get more air to the new cooler. I need to install the switch to turn the traction control off as it does not play well with the on-demand launch control. Once the new Turbo is installed, the DPF removed, and the new tune is in place (overwriting the Malone Stage 2) the car will be ready for some test runs at Willow Springs. I am pretty sure I will be the only eccentric on the track in an NMS *big grin*

Last edited:

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
The dealer called me last week and told me American Honda will be releasing the '17 R model in 2 more day's (Nov 18th) and they should have mine ready a few days after that. They also told me the RX model will be released in January 2017

They still do not know when the e-start kit will be available. I will get that through my friend at cost.