VW Touareg OEM Rear Camera with Aftermarket Headunit

s2nrbald

TDI
Touareg
Hi All,

I need some help. I am looking to retrofit a VW Touareg (7LA) with a Rear Camera. I have already replaced the headunit with an aftermarket solution, which needs a composite input for the camera. I want to use the original camera 7P6827566 since I do not want to lose the existing handle function. I need help to understand how do I get the OEM camera into my aftermarket unit.

Here is what I also understand.
OEM camera has a 4-pin HSD output (http://thumbs.picclick.com/00/s/ODc0WDExNjY=/z/FgYAAOSwk5FUz-7Z/$/Ruckfahrkmera-vw-touareg-7p6827566-_57.jpg)

Will this require a controller or can I go directly from the camera (with an adapter) to the head unit?

Thanks.

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Isn't it plug and play, can't you just run the camera from the back of the car and plug it into the rear of the headunit?

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
To OP "s2nrbald" - you probably would get a better response posting your question over in the Touareg model sub-forum as this forum is for the NMS Passat model!

Mark SF

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDi
Hi All,

I need some help. I am looking to retrofit a VW Touareg (7LA) with a Rear Camera. I have already replaced the headunit with an aftermarket solution, which needs a composite input for the camera. I want to use the original camera 7P6827566 since I do not want to lose the existing handle function. I need help to understand how do I get the OEM camera into my aftermarket unit.

Here is what I also understand.
OEM camera has a 4-pin HSD output (http://thumbs.picclick.com/00/s/ODc0WDExNjY=/z/FgYAAOSwk5FUz-7Z/$/Ruckfahrkmera-vw-touareg-7p6827566-_57.jpg)

Will this require a controller or can I go directly from the camera (with an adapter) to the head unit?

Thanks.
What does this have to do with the 2012-onwards Passat?