New 2015 Deal Offered Me

Tuxedo

TDI
Jetta 2005.5 Platinum Gray
2015 Sportwagen TDI, SE, Manual

Sticker - 5K + 599 Dealer Fee.

Also offered 0% financing for 72 months.

Any advice? I am leaning against.

Last edited:

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6 speed manual Moonrock Silver
That's certainly one of the more rare cars, but price still seems high. I would think 8-10k off msrp would be a fair price, though maybe not even a "good" deal.

But, if your heart is set on a sportwagen with a manual and options, and you value buying it new, you should buy it, as I'm guessing someone else will pick it up at that price. If you're ok with someone else driving it off the lot, wait for a fairer deal.

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
Was just offered the same deal on an S manual sportwagen from Nalley on Mansell Rd. and that did not seem like a good deal to me either. Which dealer are you working with?

Tuxedo

TDI
Was just offered the same deal on an S manual sportwagen from Nalley on Mansell Rd. and that did not seem like a good deal to me either. Which dealer are you working with?
Working with Jim Ellis. I am told this is the standard deal for all dealers in our zone.

Also, deal is $8500 off if you lease. Lease is for 2 years only.

The deal is roughly 16% or so off list. That isn't that great for an almost 3 year old car. I could probably get a deal not far from that on a 2017 gasser, with more goodies. How I do love a diesel, though. I am really torn. Plus, the warranty will amount to about 10 years.

Last edited:

jdyno718

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE Manual
Not a good deal on a two year old "new" car, IMHO.

Dealers are going to offer the minimum discount they can right now. VAG was only expecting to buy back approx. 80k cars, they have far surpassed that. They are going to have a hard time unloading these and will definitely sweeten the deal down the road, but inventory may be limited later.

I'm keeping my eye out for a Passat, black interior, and manual trans.

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
Very true, TrueCar is currently offering a 2017 S manual Sportwagen at $3227 off MSRP + $1000 loyalty. Perhaps VW has not formalized incentives and discounts yet so the regional folks are hoping to make a few more profitable sales right out of the gate. Making hay while the sun is shining! Good luck finding your new baby, we should have an Atlanta TDI GTG at Jim Ellis, compare deals & offers for the fleet discount! :D

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
VAG was only expecting to buy back approx. 80k cars, they have far surpassed that.
(citation needed)

They've known for quite a while how many cars are affected, and for nearly a year they've known they were going to be offering buybacks. Why would they think that less than 20% of the customers would sell the cars back?

pikawel

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI
Whenever I see a post with unverifiable hearsay presented as fact, I eagerly scroll for the Dan response. I was not let down.

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
$28500, or something close, on the black passat SE manual I have a deposit on.

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
2015 Sportwagen TDI, SE, Manual

Sticker - 5K + 599 Dealer Fee.

Also offered 0% financing for 72 months.

Any advice? I am leaning against.
"Leaning" against? I would be RUNNING away from that

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
And what will you be buying it for?
My dealer has not yet called, so I don't know if they're offering the same 5k discount, + 0% financing as everyone else, or not. I'm guessing I'll hear from them next week. I don't think I'm a buyer at the $5k off MSRP, though. I like my 2006 too much to pay that much for a replacement.

Short answer: I don't know the deals offered locally, but will report when I hear something.

The local dealer is selling 2017 Jetta 1.4T SE manuals for $3750 below MSRP, so 5k off a 2 ½ year old car isn't going to do it.

boomerzimm

TDI
'13 Sportwagen Manual
Back story-I called a few dealers (all of them) within 3 hours of Des Moines a few months ago. I have a 2013 Manual Sportwagen and would like to get into another newer SE if it's possible. I have refundable deposits down on an S and an SE and a promise that I'm on the top of a list for another SE. I heard from all three dealers last week with the info that they were going to get the fix in and have pricing soon.

I was called by another dealer in KC on Thursday and offered any of the sportwagens they had on their lot for MSRP. he was super excited and said he he had a ton if people in line and that I "better act fast". I told him good luck at that price.

Now that I've found this thread I know that he was just trying squeeze some extra $$ from the consumer. Probably reacting to over hyped demand, in part created by me.

If this thread keeps going with everyone's dealer experiences it should be a great resource for 2015 buyers. Thanks all

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Re: the OP. This price is still significantly too high.

It's quoted: "$28815 on the GSW SE manual I am looking at."

For me, a nickel more than $19K is too much. I won't even comment on the price they quoted PLUS a "$599 dealer fee." Tell them to get out, or if they agree to $19K, negotiate the "dealer fee" into new tires, brake pads, wipers, and a brake flush,

Tuxedo

TDI
For me, a nickel more than $19K is too much. I won't even comment on the price they quoted PLUS a "$599 dealer fee." Tell them to get out, or if they agree to $19K, negotiate the "dealer fee" into new tires, brake pads, wipers, and a brake flush,
New tires, brake pads, possibly rotors, fluids, batteries, wiper blades, etc. will be done at VW expense, or so I am told.

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen 6-speed manual; 2016 3500 Ram Tradesman 4X4 6.7L Cummins 6-Speed manual
I tried to get quotes for another 2015 SportWagen TDI S w/ manual transmission soon after the dieselgate scandal broke. Obviously nobody would quote me, but I was very motivated to purchase at the time. Not so much now. I don't want to touch a "fixed" TDI with a 10 ft. pole at this point...and certainly not for anything near list price.

I am hoping to see what other price quotations people are getting, though.

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
I had a 2015 Jetta tdi SEL I sold back. I paid just about 24k for it when I bought it new in 2015. Best thing I ever did was sell it back. Things starting falling apart a 4 months in on the car.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
These batteries are going to come up short something awful.

New VW battery replacement cost $200+ (?)

BTW, my wife's 2015 RAV4 LIMITED pooped out at < 20 months ~ Dealer said it might be because she rives mostly city ~ Fortunately it was a free replacement ~~ thank Toyota. :D

boomerzimm

TDI
'13 Sportwagen Manual
got a call from dealer yesterday.

$5k off sticker but you have to finance thru VW
$8.5k off on a 2 year lease. (she is sending details)

Should be ready next week. Not sure if I will bite but she said she had a list of takers behind me.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
New tires, brake pads, possibly rotors, fluids, batteries, wiper blades, etc. will be done at VW expense, or so I am told.
2 cents

Personally would rather buy-own a clean very low mileage unit than one that sat idle for 'bout 1,000 days.

Evan a used car might have had garage time, rather than roach, rodent, sun weather exposure.

Hear (from one dealer) some of these units were used for loaners etc. The one I called about had > 600 miles. YUCK

Tuxedo

TDI
2 cents
Personally would rather buy-own a clean very low mileage unit than one that sat idle for 'bout 1,000 days.
Evan a used car might have had garage time, rather than roach, rodent, sun weather exposure.
Hear (from one dealer) some of these units were used for loaners etc. The one I called about had > 600 miles. YUCK
Same here. The car I am looking at was stored in a garage. I still need to check on the mileage.

boomerzimm

TDI
'13 Sportwagen Manual
I've had 3 or 4 other dealers call this week, some who previously weren't taking names. All the same story 5K off and 0% financing. All have told me that they have lots of people interested. Not one has told me that they have sold a car yet though.

Getting some info on the lease option but I think I'm going to wait.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I've had 3 or 4 other dealers call this week, some who previously weren't taking names. All the same story 5K off and 0% financing. All have told me that they have lots of people interested. Not one has told me that they have sold a car yet though.

Getting some info on the lease option but I think I'm going to wait.

IMO

Time is on the side of the patient ~~ 'bout 20-30 days the worm will turn

guessing the floor plan is costing the dealers 2-3 dollars a day ~~ each car ~~ 20 cars(?) ~~ $50(?) daily? ~~ More?

Then there is the issue of more weather,damage units ~~ most have not had the benefit of a roof over 'em

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
When I was calling around looking for certain GSWs with a manual transmission, the dealers I called said those were already sold out. Maybe the manuals are getting sold out because there are generally less of them?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
When I was calling around looking for certain GSWs with a manual transmission, the dealers I called said those were already sold out. Maybe the manuals are getting sold out because there are generally less of them?
True

...... guessing 'bout 15 to 1 ratio ~~ in general, up and down the line ~~ but even more scarce at the top end