Trading in 2015 golf sportwagen? Get a fixed one? Other options?

tdigman

TDI
2015 golf sportwagen
So I have a 2015 golf sportwagen and it is perfect for my needs. I do 30-40k miles a year for work in this, love the torque, comfort, mileage and fun factor.
Ill be turning this in at the bitter end next year as it makes sense for me...now what do I get?
I've delayed getting one of the fixed 2015s out of fear of the unknown. Anyone get one? All good? Otherwise anyone see a gas option with the cargo space torque and decent mileage?
Thx!!!

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Why not take the $$, fix what you have, keep driving, and have an 11 year, 160,000 mile warrenty.
You know how it has been treated.
Getting a different 2015 is getting hard, the cars sat, and you might not come out very far ahead.
Remember...
If you consider the "new" 2015 don't get the $$, the cost is basically full retail WITH THE FIRST payment APPLIED, and no second fix payment.
Different​ car? Lots of choices, and may thousands of pages of folks talking of it.

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
By the end of 2018, your GSW will have 90-120k miles. That seems like a deal to be able to turn that in to VW for the amount they're going to pay you.

If you don't find a suitable alternative, a 2018 or 2019 GSW TSI would be hard to beat.
Not quite as great of mileage, but darn good for a gasser, and plenty of torque, IMO. If you need more, add a tune!

You should have some more options by the time you turn in your car, so who knows what you might end up in...