Hevster1 Grand reopening RE-OPENING NEW LOCATION! Montague NJ!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Jeff and I just completed a 3 day training course on Hybrids. I already had Hybrid training but it was 10 years old so I needed a refresher. Yes, we do go to training and keep up on new technologies. It's what gives us a leg up on our competition. We don't stand still, we keep moving forward.
Don't worry, I am still going to repair TDI's. It's what we do.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
Jeff and I just completed a 3 day training course on Hybrids. I already had Hybrid training but it was 10 years old so I needed a refresher. Yes, we do go to training and keep up on new technologies. It's what gives us a leg up on our competition. We don't stand still, we keep moving forward.
Don't worry, I am still going to repair TDI's. It's what we do.
A training/refresher course on "the enemy"?

the hybrid training, does now include the VAG hybrids, right?

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
A training/refresher course on "the enemy"?

the hybrid training, does now include the VAG hybrids, right?
The enemy? Ok.
Hey with dieselgate, I am hedging my bets!
Seriously, we needed the training and in the future we hope to do more. This was what was available.
I also did several training courses in Chicago in March. Training is ongoing.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Do you have time in the semi near future to do a DSG fluid change? I have all the fluid and filter. Thanks
P.S. - Do you carry 255/55/18s for an X5
I don't get here as much as I used to. I am crazy busy. I am about 2 weeks behind right now. Regarding the tires, I can get you anything you like for a competitive price.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
I don't get here as much as I used to. I am crazy busy. I am about 2 weeks behind right now. Regarding the tires, I can get you anything you like for a competitive price.
I can vouch for him being that busy.

Best to give him a call, and he'll do his best to accommodate you.

....as Mike installed winter tires on the new car yesterday for me.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
Mike... hasn't snowed yet... but the Nitto's hold the dry road pretty well. I don't detect squirm in the tread like, say.... General Altimax Arctic. Tire noise is a high pitch whine... doesn't bother me.

not many reviews online. But found:
http://www.tirereview.com/atd-nitto-have-strong-desire-to-build-partnership/
and its corresponding youtube review
https://youtu.be/LbkNDrWhbOs

So... looks like it has the latest Toyo technology, such as microbit (crushed walnut shells) and bamboo charcoal (the newest addition to Toyo snow tire technology)

dan30thz28

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed Manual 2013 VW Sportwagen TDI 6-Speed Manual
Mine is there right now for a few things while I am vacationing up here, they are great!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I have a couple small announcements to make. From 7/2/16-7/17/16 we will be on our annual vacation. I will have a laptop with me but I have no cellular reception. If you need to get me the best thing to do is e-mail me: mmautcyc1@gmail.com.
I am pleased to announce the addition of Andi Hernandez to our team. She is assisting me in my office duties, allowing me to spend more time in the shop. She is currently answering the phones and making appointments. While I still handle all the technical info, she is quite capable of giving someone a estimate. You will find she is a very nice lady.
As some of you are aware, Chris and Kyle are no longer with the company. I wish them both the best success in their future endeavors.
On the 18th, our first day back we should have an additional technician starting as well.
I have purchased a pin plate adapter kit for our balancer. This kit has increased our balance accuracy and speed. We are currently balancing to within a few grams. That coupled with our very competitive pricing puts us a cut above our competition in the area selling tires. Please note that Kumho and Firestone are currently offering rebate programs.

Lastly, I am investing in some new equipment shortly after our return. Stay tuned for more details.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Nokian SUMMER Tire Sale!
I have available Nokian NLine Summer Tires in 225/45ZR17XL 94Y for the low price of 57.00 each + Tax or 82.00 each installed + TAX. Currently my supplier has excellent stock but that is subject to change. If you are interested, please call me at 973-293-8588. I will hold them for a non-refundable deposit of 25.00 per tire as we are going out of town Friday. Please note these tires do NOT have a treadlife warranty and are NOT all season tires.

bagmite

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Just had my RCV valve replaced at M&M for a Jetta TDI. AC runs like new, installed quickly and a reasonable price. Dealers won't even do the job - they replace the entire compressor which I'm sure is not a reasonable price.
Thanks Mike.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Just had my RCV valve replaced at M&M for a Jetta TDI. AC runs like new, installed quickly and a reasonable price. Dealers won't even do the job - they replace the entire compressor which I'm sure is not a reasonable price.
Thanks Mike.
You're most welcome and Thank You!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Some new stuff:
1. I am now a dealer for Black Forest Industries
2. For ORV's I am a dealer for Ricochet Skid Plates
3. I am working on becoming a dealer for several other TDI and non TDI related companies.
Don't forget, we do work on other vehicles besides TDi's including BMW Gas and Diesel, Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Acura/Honda, Hyundai/Kia and lots more.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I have been having some phone issues. I understand this is town wide. Cell phones seem to be getting through but not home phones. Keep trying folks.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Although I don't get here very often anymore due to the business taking up most of my time, I am still out here for anyone who needs me. If you're a CR TDI owner turning in your vehicle, don't forget we work on Gas VW's as well as Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Hyundai, Subaru, BMW, M/B, Mini and more! We just finished some repairs on a Mini owned by a local woman.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I was recently asked what do my timing belt kits include. Generally they include the following:
Gates, Conti or OEM t-belt, Hepu or Graf Water Pump, Ina/Litens Rollers- I do NOT use SKF or GMB-they are inferior in my opinion especially the GMB ones. I have seen GMB rollers come apart after 20k or less. SKF's often come rusty in the bag so they are out as well. I supply all OEM hardware, G-13 OEM coolant, Cam and crank seals including crank bolt and a Conti Serpentine belt. This is pretty universal for all TDI's and Gassers across the board. Now of course different engines have different parts. Clutch wise I use the Sachs G60 kit or the LUK DMF kit where wanted. I am a SBC dealer for those who want a higher performance clutch. I even get them for the Cummins, Duramax and Powerstroke trucks.

For Asian vehicles I try and use the Aisian Warner T-B Kits which are quality. Generally I use ALL quality parts for any vehicle I work on. Zimmerman, Akebono, Bilstein, SBC, Litens, Gates, Conti etc. are all brands used and sold here.

Don't forget us for tires especially Nokian Snows!

AlanTDI

Veteran Member
Long Island NY, relocating to Louisiana next week
TDI
1996 Passat wagonTDI, 02 jetta sedan, on the dark side 2017 Rav4
Hey Mike,
Glad you are around. After I turn in my 2012 Sportswagon, Im putting my 96 Passat and 2001 Jetta back on the road. I will be giving you a call regarding a rusted out actuator and possible turbo replacement on the Jetta

For anyone who doesn't know Mike he fully stands behind his shops work and is an ALH expert.

Vindiesel6

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Golf GLS TDI & 2015 Q5 TDI
Hi Mike, I'm wondering if you can reprogram/recode vw & audi keys at your shop? If so, I have an mk5 gti and mk1 audi tt 225 that need the keys recoded after the holidays and would like to make an appointment with you. Sorry if this was already asked.

Happy Holidays!
Vin

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Updated website coming soon (I hope-Hint Hint Cody). Some new equipment will be coming in the first 1/4 of 2017 as well. Nokian is introducing a new line of all seasons called Z-line. They already have summer only z-lines for a great price. I am considering a GTG this year in May or June. It's being discussed right now. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
I can do some key recoding but not all. I am working on the equipment so I can do all.

Happy 2017 to everyone!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Almost through January already. I am told my website upgrades are imminent. The Nokian Z-line all seasons are just starting to be stocked. Nokian is now offering a 55k treadlife warranty on WR G3.
For all my current customers: If you refer a new customer to me who spends 100.00 or more on anything, you get a free oil change OR 10% off your next repair/maintenance, up to 100.00 value. For new customers I am offering a similar thank you.
Leslie is my new girl monitoring the phone. I am working out in the shop with Jeff. She can handle most of your questions and appointment requests.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
A bunch of new things have happened.
Leslie is no longer with us. We wish her the best. Emily is now my office contact. We welcome her. I was notified by NJ.com that we have been voted the best shop in Sussex County NJ! We have also added a technician, Frank Gaglione who has VW, Audi and BMW experience.
I am working on a "Customer Appreciation Day" as was suggested by Tan. More to come soon!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Almost forgot, the new website is up and running and we are much more active on our Facebook page thanks to Emily.
There's a few things I need to comment on.
First off, to those who are considering returning their CR TDI, think long and hard before doing so. We will probably never see another TDI here in the US unless VWoA changes it's mind. That leaves us with few options especially here in the rust belt.
Lately I have been contacted by a few customers looking for unrealistic prices on maintenance and repair work. I know there are places out there that will undercut my pricing. The questions is, will they stand behind their work as I do and will it be done properly? You also need to understand that I am fully insured and I don't operate from my home as I once did. That means my overhead is far higher than it used to be.
At this time with very few exceptions, I am no longer installing parts purchased anywhere else. My prices are very competitive, in many cases they are better than my competition, and I generally stock most common items. The main reason for this is the legal issues. There is a legal precedent regarding this very thing. Thank you for your understanding.