VCDS – BEW Implausible Passenger Lock Module + Incorrect Key Programing

jettasetta

Banned con artist and self-proclaimed victim
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS MK4 PD-BEW 5SP-EUH TDI
Just recently my passenger door ceased responding to key fob commands to lock and/or unlock. I think it may also not be functional through the driver’s door switch or maybe only functional at intervals. I noticed it when I stopped getting a beep tone when locking with the key fob remote.

It’s happening on more than one key fob/remote, so, apparently, it's not a remote or battery issue, but it may relate to wiring/burnt fuse link.

Following several attempts as resetting with key and button as instructed through various threads in the MK4 forum, although I can find no reference to the procedure in my 2005 GLS TDI MK4 owner’s manual, I ran a VCDS diagnostic.

VCDS came up with a fault code as follows:
Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 1C0-959-799.lbl
2 Faults Found
01179 - Incorrect Key Programing
35- 00
00929 – Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F2
27 -00 – Implausible Signal

The incorrect key programing issue came up shortly after I had a dealership cut and program a duplicate key with fob/remote. The dealership told me that the VCDS fault is insignificant and that they have a scanner that costs thousands of dollars (which makes the Ross-tech worthless in their eyes). At about the same time a low voltage airbag fault developed as well which they don’t seem to be acknowledging as real either. I wonder how they will dismiss the Front Passenger Side Locking Module Implausible Signal fault code with the thing clearly broken.

Additional Symptom: When I turn the key to start the car there is a hesitation as if the power to the starter is weak. Yet there is no weak battery issue, but there is burnt plastic on the over battery fuse box, just over the [1st] terminal; the alternator return to battery [positive] cable. I finaly opted to bypass that fuse or fuse like or whatever the hell it is, but the hesitation persist. Now I’m considering replacing the battery and alternator wires with those supposedly upgraded wires mentioned elsewhere.

Any clues to how these issues might best be addressed and in what order?

I suck at electrical.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Just recently my passenger door ceased responding to key fob commands to lock and/or unlock. I think it may also not be functional through the driver’s door switch or maybe only functional at intervals. I noticed it when I stopped getting a beep tone when locking with the key fob remote.

It is either wiring problem or bad latch assembly.

I

The incorrect key programing issue came up shortly after I had a dealership cut and program a duplicate key with fob/remote. The dealership told me that the VCDS fault is insignificant and that they have a scanner that costs thousands of dollars (which makes the Ross-tech worthless in their eyes).

Tell them they are Full of the S..... and talking BS.
Just clear that code and it should go away. This will happen when you have unautorize key in ignition before you program it.

, but there is burnt plastic on the over battery fuse box, just over the [1st] terminal; the alternator return to battery [positive] cable. I finaly opted to bypass that fuse or fuse like or whatever the hell it is, but the hesitation persist.
NO, NO ,NO
You will burn your car if you keep driving like this. You have problem with Alternator wire and it needs to be replace along with that Fuse box. It is dealer item only and it call alternator harness.

jettasetta

Banned con artist and self-proclaimed victim
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS MK4 PD-BEW 5SP-EUH TDI
OK Thanks. It hadn't occurred to me to clear codes because I thought they reset when a problem was fixed. Some, like the open radio circuit went away on it's own when I installed an antenna, but it has come back months later, even though the antenna is still there.

I'll clear that key code right away.

I'm wondering if going with this guys (at link below) 'upgraded' battery and alternator cable set would provide better electrical service over all.

'upgraded' battery and alternator cable set: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=273859&highlight=alternator+wire+upgrade

If I got the set with the heavy duty inline fuse or fuse link or whatever he's using, wouldn't that serve the purpose of the first [burnt] fuse link terminal?

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
OK Thanks. It hadn't occurred to me to clear codes because I thought they reset when a problem was fixed. Some, like the open radio circuit went away on it's own when I installed an antenna, but it has come back months later, even though the antenna is still there.

I'll clear that key code right away.

I'm wondering if going with this guys (at link below) 'upgraded' battery and alternator cable set would provide better electrical service over all.

'upgraded' battery and alternator cable set: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=273859&highlight=alternator+wire+upgrade

If I got the set with the heavy duty inline fuse or fuse link or whatever he's using, wouldn't that serve the purpose of the first [burnt] fuse link terminal?
I always use original harness.