pd130 ASZ hybrid serious lag

mrflashy

Veteran Member
TDI
Stage 2 Hybrid TDi and a couple of 24v VR6's for the noise
Hi guys.

Ive had a pd130 for around 7 years now.
Its been through lots of different variations.

* Its now on a stage 2 hybrid turbo. Running circa 30psi and lots of fuelling, almost max injectors. *i seem to be having great difficulty getting the engine to pick up at lower rpms.

* I understand that a bugger turbo can cause some lag over stock but this is ridiculous. But only seems to be between gear changes when on full power.

It can take seconds to come on power. I.e. By then its at 3k rpm and it pulls hard to the redline.

*so I have been giving it some tlc and a full service. New turbo gaskets. Checks etc.

* I have discovered the idle stabilaztion values to be within tolerance but i have found the torsiin angle to be 3.7. * What else can i check? *

Ive checked for boost leaks. Blockages in pipes/intercooler. Intake temps are good with or without methanol injection on. *

I dont expect my mapper fiddled with the camshaft position. Though it did break a belt recently with no damage ( luckily), so it just had a belt change and it was back on the road again.

Im sure i had lag before this event though.

What should the angle be on a heavily tuned pd130 asz engine? Should i adjust this to be close to 0 or will this slow the performance ? *

Its putting out around 230bhp and 350lbft happily, but it feels like an evo with its lag. I get a lot of black smoke until the lag goes then it flies.

Thanks for your help all

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Broken timing belts have been known to cause hidden damage to the valve stems. It sounds like the head may have to come off.

mrflashy

Veteran Member
TDI
Stage 2 Hybrid TDi and a couple of 24v VR6's for the noise
Thanks for your reply. What are the symptoms of a valve stem damage?

Surely i would see another side effect?

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
The valves stems could encounter minor fractures and eventually the valve could drop down ruining the engine.