VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

johtdi

TDI
Jetta
Signed

Lets get it filled fast, please continue to email all on this list as well. Doing nothing will not help our cause, keep it simple and on the record.

Breyer - Cabresar Petition:

https://www.change.org/p/charles-r-...m_campaign=share_petition&utm_content=ex50:v3

WE NEED AS MANY AS POSSIBLE TO GET THIS DONE, PLEASE SPEND THE TIME TO DO IT. Advise nothing is being done. We need to all do our part so that something is done other than wait, we have time to do this now so that when judge makes his ruling maybe our voice will be heard or prior to the report coming out on the 30th documenting the problems with the settlement.

TO FILE A REPORT WITH EPA: use contact us link, report a violation on their website at:
www.epa.gov

email contacts direct< [email]OTAQ@epa.gov[/email], or Iddings.Brianna@epa.gov or ?

REGISTER FTC COMPLAINT ON THEIR WEBSITE:

www.ftc.gov
CLICK
FILE A CONSUMPER COMPLAINT, OTHER, AUTOMOBILE

You can email jcohen2@ftc.gov

You will need to cut and paste VW address to complete this.

Volkswagen Group of America
2200 Ferdinand Porsche Dr.
Herndon, VA 20171
(248) 754-5000

www.volkswagengroupamerica.com

COURT APPOINTED CLAIMS SUPERVISOR email them as well nothing being done on hold not accounted for in reports our types of cases.
https://ankura.com/?s=volkswagen+

Email or call them to advise direct:
Ankara Consulting Associate: tom.geddes@ankura.com
Director: john.hays@ankura.com

1220 19th Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036
+1.202.797.1111 Main
+1.202.797.3619 Fax

LASTLY IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY DONE SO.
TO FILE AN APPEAL WITH THE CRC

email appeal to: crc@vwcourtsettlement.com
To submit an appeal to the Claims Review Committee, you must send a written request to appeal to the Claims Review Committee, ALOT EASIER to just email them at crc@vwcourtsettlement.com or via mail at P.O. Box 214500, Auburn Hills, MI 48321

Your request must include:
Name, address, telephone number, VIN number and Claim Reference Number.
A brief statement explaining why you believe the ineligibility determination or offer amount calculation was in error. For Now state claim delayed or offer amount not given? Anything to just get on record?

OUR LEAD ATTORNEY Class Counsel:

Lead Counsel of entire settlement, all other attorneys assist my understanding. Not sure who or which directly speaks to vw.

Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
275 Battery Street, 29th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111

https://www.lieffcabraser.com/contact

T (415) 956 1000 fx (415) 956 1008

Attorney: Phong Nguyen
email:
pgnguyen@lchb.com

Elizabeth Cabraser
ecabraser@lchb.com

Last edited:

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
I can't think of any more accurate method to get a rough total number than that anonymous poll, so if you do have a more accurate solution that is viable, I'm all ears.
You can't design a study that will get a rough total number. You can only achieve a rough total number of people taking the poll..and that's it. That information doesn't tell you anything that the court would listen to, especially given that the court, if it gets involved, will require a true count from VW and VW will have to provide it.

As I explain to my research methods students, "garbage in, garbage out."
A study like this doesn't tell you anything about what you want or need to know, unless what you want to know is how many people can you drive to your poll. Since the answer to that question is irrelevant to the court and the case, the only thing it will do is satiate your curiosity as to how many people you can get to sign an online poll since it can't even tell you how many people are out there going through this with you.

It seems like it's going to give you data, and it seems like those data are going to tell you something important, but you won't find out anything from this kind of poll. In terms of what to do to secure relevant data, you'd need to hire a private attorney and subpoena VW's records. An anonymous, online poll is simply going to give you some number that you can oooh and ahhh over (or be completely disappointed). Whether you get 20 signups or 20,000 you will have no idea whether you are looking at claims from 20 people out of 2,000, or 5 people signing the thing 4,000 times. It will simply give you a small number or a large number that tells you nothing of value.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
You can't design a study that will get a rough total number. You can only achieve a rough total number of people taking the poll..and that's it. That information doesn't tell you anything that the court would listen to, especially given that the court, if it gets involved, will require a true count from VW and VW will have to provide it.
A study like this doesn't tell you anything about what you want or need to know, unless what you want to know is how many people can you drive to your poll. Since the answer to that question is irrelevant to the court and the case, the only thing it will do is satiate your curiosity as to how many people you can get to sign an online poll since it can't even tell you how many people are out there going through this with you.
It seems like it's going to give you data, and it seems like those data are going to tell you something important, but you won't find out anything from this kind of poll. In terms of what to do to secure relevant data, you'd need to hire a private attorney and subpoena VW's records. An anonymous, online poll is simply going to give you some number that you can oooh and ahhh over (or be completely disappointed). Whether you get 20 signups or 20,000 you will have no idea whether you are looking at claims from 20 people out of 2,000, or 5 people signing the thing 4,000 times. It will simply give you a small number or a large number that tells you nothing of value.
They will be calling you "Debbie Downer" next for raining on their parade with facts. Or maybe a "VW agent" for trying to stop them from getting their "message out".

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
I think you're nitpicking my words and are assigning an end goal for the poll that I do not have. I am not looking to create something that is verifiably accurate or something that can be submitted in court.

The end goal of the poll (for me personally) would be for it possibly informally help inform and help motivate someone like automotive journalists from Jalopnik (or something) to actually start writing a piece on the salvage title topic in general (therefore getting some publicity and putting pressure on this issue). I know there are shortcomings (and risk of abuse) of an anonymous poll, but if the people who are looking at the data from the with poll are looking at it with those shortcomings in mind, and taking it for what it's worth, then I think the poll is a success.

I disagree with your opinion that because it can't be verifiable, 100% accurate and 100% inclusive of a complete data set, that it is therefore worthless. I feel that it is worthwhile in spite of the inherent shortcomings. I feel that the effort required to undetectably abuse the poll is high enough (and the exposure of the poll small enough) that it is more likely that a potential abuser would not go to the effort required to abuse the poll (or that they would get detected) than it is that there would be someone who has the skill/motivation/time to undetectably crap on a small informal poll.

I have some ways to aid in detecting and/or preventing abuse on this poll as well. PM me if you want to hear what those are in private.

Last edited:

mirtdi

TDI
10 Jetta
Reporting

Lets stay on topic, do what you can, not what you cannot, work together to get things done. Everyone has an opinion, do what you can to get this moving for all involved. Thanks everyone

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
You guys are funny. Trying to get Vw to buy back your salvage title cars.:D

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I agree with mirtdi, we need at least 500 signatures for the Judge to look at his , please people sign in the faster the better .
https://www.change.org/p/charles-r-b...tent=ex50:v3
Something happened to your petition. Your link gets this now:

"This petition isn't available. Either the URL is incorrect, it violated our Community Guidelines, or the starter removed it."

Your link must be bad as the original still seems to work.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Update

I'm actually really surprised in a nice way that we have reached over 100 sign petitions, that tells me there is lot of people that care about this issues also if need be I hope we all would join in the new class action lawsuit , we also need to brainstorm on Law Firms in case the VW reject us for some or the other reason. Lets see how many more we will reach until end of next week ,then we will send it to the Judge .

Last edited:

andytdiland

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW TDI, 05 B5.5, S4, S6, 200
If they dont believe we are for real, lets show up with our cars in front of the courthouse and hose the exhaust gases to the judge's window, see what'll happen then ...

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q7 TDI & VW Passat TDI
The Google search spiders found the petition. I am hoping to see a lot of signatures today. 125 as of now. Good work everyone - especially Golftdisa!

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Update

We all did it !!! and we are still doing it , we should all work as a team,all the negative people and people that have nothing but some senseless critique please do not comment at all. Do us a favor and stay in your hole doing nothing.
I also posted the links on many other websites and asked the people to help us and our cause, that is hold the VW accountable as per original contact etc. This petition will be emailed to all the Council , Ankara Consulting group , Judge and everyone that is involved in this to show to them ,they will not ignore us any more . Please join us by signing petition the more the merrier. Thanks everyone

andytdiland

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW TDI, 05 B5.5, S4, S6, 200
We need to march our cars across country from California to Michigan, leave some sooth along the way, that will get their attention!

johtdi

TDI
Jetta
Lets get it filled fast, please continue to email all on this list as well. Doing nothing will not help our cause, keep it simple and on the record.

Breyer - Cabresar Petition:

https://www.change.org/p/charles-r-...tlement-for-salvage-rebuilt-clean-titles-hold

WE NEED AS MANY AS POSSIBLE TO GET THIS DONE, PLEASE SPEND THE TIME TO DO IT. Advise nothing is being done. We need to all do our part so that something is done other than wait, we have time to do this now so that when judge makes his ruling maybe our voice will be heard or prior to the report coming out on the 30th documenting the problems with the settlement.

TO FILE A REPORT WITH EPA: use contact us link, report a violation on their website at:
www.epa.gov

email contacts direct< [B]OTAQ@epa.gov[/B], or Iddings.Brianna@epa.gov

REGISTER FTC COMPLAINT ON THEIR WEBSITE:

www.ftc.gov
CLICK
FILE A CONSUMPER COMPLAINT, OTHER, AUTOMOBILE

You can email jcohen2@ftc.gov

You will need to cut and paste VW address to complete this.

Volkswagen Group of America
2200 Ferdinand Porsche Dr.
Herndon, VA 20171
(248) 754-5000

www.volkswagengroupamerica.com

COURT APPOINTED CLAIMS SUPERVISOR email them as well nothing being done on hold not accounted for in reports our types of cases.
https://ankura.com/?s=volkswagen+

Email or call them to advise direct:
Ankara Consulting Associate: tom.geddes@ankura.com
Director: john.hays@ankura.com

1220 19th Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036
+1.202.797.1111 Main
+1.202.797.3619 Fax

LASTLY IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY DONE SO.
TO FILE AN APPEAL WITH THE CRC

email appeal to: crc@vwcourtsettlement.com
To submit an appeal to the Claims Review Committee, you must send a written request to appeal to the Claims Review Committee, ALOT EASIER to just email them at crc@vwcourtsettlement.com or via mail at P.O. Box 214500, Auburn Hills, MI 48321

Your request must include:
Name, address, telephone number, VIN number and Claim Reference Number.
A brief statement explaining why you believe the ineligibility determination or offer amount calculation was in error. For Now state claim delayed or offer amount not given? Anything to just get on record?

OUR LEAD ATTORNEY Class Counsel:

Lead Counsel of entire settlement, all other attorneys assist my understanding. Not sure who or which directly speaks to vw.

Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
275 Battery Street, 29th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111

https://www.lieffcabraser.com/contact

T (415) 956 1000 fx (415) 956 1008

Attorney: Phong Nguyen
email:
pgnguyen@lchb.com

Elizabeth Cabraser
ecabraser@lchb.com

Last edited:

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Crap, I can't believe I finally did one of these after all of these years.

Thanks man!

numbers around 268 or so.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Last edited:

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Thank you

I want to give thanks to all , let get to 500 I hope..Thanks again

Last edited:

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Update

So it is emailed to all of the people in charge, to Judge , Ankara group and to all Council with total of 394 votes , I hope that creates some urgency to resolve this all situation. If I get any response i will notify everyone here in the meantime please continue emailing everyone.

Brica

TDI
Passat
I got a offer for one of my car 4 months ago and never been approved and today just disappear from Portal and I'm back to step 15.
I called the claim number and they told me it's on the review with no time limit again.

dslgate

TDI
'04 Jetta
I've decided I am just going to update my day count and send a new tweet @VW every day.

If a few of you have cars to add we could create a lot of tweets on their official pages.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LageTyler/status/955608304851587072

This is in addition to emailing Mr. Cohen and the Ankura folks. I have spoken to Mr. Cohen a couple times and, while he did not speculate about the likely outcome, he said the plantiff's side was well aware about possible arbitragers from the beginning and said he viewed them as performing a beneficial service.

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q7 TDI & VW Passat TDI
I've decided I am just going to update my day count and send a new tweet @VW every day.

If a few of you have cars to add we could create a lot of tweets on their official pages.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LageTyler/status/955608304851587072

This is in addition to emailing Mr. Cohen and the Ankura folks. I have spoken to Mr. Cohen a couple times and, while he did not speculate about the likely outcome, he said the plantiff's side was well aware about possible arbitragers from the beginning and said he viewed them as performing a beneficial service.

dslgate - Was Cohen referring to people with clean or salvage titles?

I pinged a bunch of people again. It was interesting (and sad) to read those others peoples experience with the buyback on VW complaint consumer website. VW buys back the car and does not pay off the lender? WOW. Let's hope for a quick and good resolution!