Mk6 Light Bar

armycanuck

TDI
2011 Golf Highline
Just mounted a Rigid Sr-Series 6" Combo PN# 906313 to my MK6 Golf TDI. Mounted on Smittybilt PN# 2815 - licence plate Light Mount.

Throws a nice beam about 800m, floods a decent amount surrounding also. The aftermarket Projector Headlights don't have good high beams... So this is a nice supplement.

It's not very obtrusive. I'm just using supplied switch run to cabin for now, will eventually run it through euro switch, to rear fogs maybe. Have some research to do yet in order to finish that bit up. I'll add some more pics next week with light throw, wiring, etc

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Unobtrusive, which I like. Any reason you chose the 313 over the 312? Rigid has too many lights, which makes it confusing...

Out of curiosity, what’s the amperage draw? Looking forward to pics.

-Todd

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
You should be able to power this from the existing high beam circuit, then it will automatically work when it should and be off when it shouldn't. These don't have a beam pattern suitable for fog lights.

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
Here (maybe) a picture of my 30" light bar in my lower grille.
Its on a relay spliced to my high beam wire to trigger when high's are on.
Works great! Semis will always dim lights at night now!

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
That looks so clean! Kudos to you for being the 1 in 10,000 that buy the American made light, as opposed to the knock-offs.